TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com
  www.tripadvisor.com
There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

Good Internship, flexible hours, small fast teams

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros

Good people, lots of fun. Located in Boston which is a nice change from the software's push towards California and NYC.

Cons

Not as many perks as other tech companies with which they compete for employees, fewer intern activities than desired.

Keep doing what you are doing. Could be more emphasis on employee satisfaction.

193 Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor (View Most Recent)

sTrongGre

Former Employee - Content Representative in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Content Representative in Remote, OR

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong core values as a company, they really value employees. You'd be hard pressed to find better benefits. They care about their product and stay true to it.

Cons

Every job has a downside, my particular job as a remote content rep was great because it gave me flexibility in my schedule, but I found that the work was a bit repetitive and hard to do in one sitting. Not a big deal, but it's a little easy to burn out on. Great for those who need to work remotely. Pay is a little low for these positions, but again, it's nice to be remote and have flexibility.

a really unpleasant place to work

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

bright people, good benefits and perks, free lunches, games, fairly relaxed atmosphere

Cons

terrible middle and upper management - elitist, rule by fear
    poor communication
    blame is the name of the game
    unprofessional HR - nothing is confidential
    morale is very low and declining still
    favouritism is obvious and shameless
    too much middle management
    the reality of TripAdvisor as described in the interview process is not what you get once you're in
    If you are an engineer at TripAdvisor you're gold, if not, be prepared to update your resume/CV soon
    Quickly becoming a corporate culture with all the negative implications that implies

Less arrogance is needed, stop rewarding or ignoring bad behaviour. Take time to understand who is in your management team and ask if they are really adding any value - or actually doing anything at all, for that matter. Speed Wins is not a healthy motto for ALL departments. People are leaving in droves for a reason - perhaps you should look into why?

There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor