There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

Never the same day twice; always a new challenge.

Current Employee - Director  in  Newton, MA
Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

TA employees are encouraged to get things done; speed wins. Our CEO acknowledges in moving quickly, we'll break s---t, but we'll fix it the next time around and be better for doing so. Everyone is smart, motivated, and wants to help each other. Lots of perks and it's clear that the executive team cares about its employees. Seems like a great place to grow your career, skills and earn a competitive salary doing so.

Cons

Poor internal tools and infrastructure to manage so many moving parts. While there are initiatives to improve this, it can be a bit frustrating to get on board and hit the ground running without spending time on things already asked and answered.

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 14, 2013Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're proud of our smart, motivated, and helpful employees---and agree that we offer excellent career development to grow your career (with competitive salaries and benefits!) We're also glad that ... More

188 Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor (View Most Recent)

Busy

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Benefits, compensation, oh and the company is a rocket ship.

Cons

The company grew faster than its infrastructure so all its supporting systems are unable to scale for the growth it has had/is planning. Management needs to recognize that speed wins can only get you so far and you need to fix the foundation.

Bring in more people from the outside that have done this in bigger companies.

glad I made the move

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

great leadership, free development classes (including language class), vibrant culture

Cons

sometimes feel too siloed in own group

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 14, 2013Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

We also love our new Learning and Development options--including the language classes. We have a ton of new classes offered all the time, across the globe. And, we agree that our culture is pretty ... More

There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!