There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

Never the same day twice; always a new challenge.

Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA
Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TA employees are encouraged to get things done; speed wins. Our CEO acknowledges in moving quickly, we'll break s---t, but we'll fix it the next time around and be better for doing so. Everyone is smart, motivated, and wants to help each other. Lots of perks and it's clear that the executive team cares about its employees. Seems like a great place to grow your career, skills and earn a competitive salary doing so.

Cons

Poor internal tools and infrastructure to manage so many moving parts. While there are initiatives to improve this, it can be a bit frustrating to get on board and hit the ground running without spending time on things already asked and answered.

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 14, 2013 – Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're proud of our smart, motivated, and helpful employees---and agree that we offer excellent career development to grow your career (with competitive salaries and benefits!) We're also glad that ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. glad I made the move

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great leadership, free development classes (including language class), vibrant culture

Cons

sometimes feel too siloed in own group

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 14, 2013 – Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

We also love our new Learning and Development options--including the language classes. We have a ton of new classes offered all the time, across the globe. And, we agree that our culture is pretty ... More

Great place to work- great product, great people and company commitment to careers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart people. Company commitment to developing employees and their careers. Great product with strong, entrepreneurial leadership. Exciting workplace.

Cons

Fast moving. Don't come out TripAdvisor if you want a slow moving, relaxed company. The dress code is relaxed- but be prepared to move fast. Speed wins isn't just a motto.

Advice to Management

Continue to balance the start-up feel while the size of the company increases. Though more infrastructure will be needed over time, the critical view of bureaucracy makes TripAdvisor unique- and it works.