TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com
  www.tripadvisor.com
There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor

if you work in a team with good managers then it's great company; if not...

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits, provided lunches, sponsored great parties, lots of employee support.

Cons

it's absolutely true that who manage your team 99% decides your life at this company. If you are lucky to be in a team with good, experienced managers who know how to reward and respect employees' work, then you are happy; If you are unfortunately fall in a team that the managers are unprofessional, then you are miserable. It was so funny that my team went through a series of org change and the managers are new to the team. Since they took over, people kept leaving. What they did accordingly was to hide as much as possible the news of people leaving, instead of clearly and openly talking to current employees. And once i told that i wanted to quit, the vice president of the team stopped talking to me, pretending that i was not in existence any more. This is not mature and unprofessional and selfish and silly.

TripAdvisor Response

Dec 5, 2013Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. We agree that your manager hugely impacts how you feel about your job and the company overall. Given this, as we noted in an earlier response, we've worked on improving our ... More

193 Other Employee Reviews for TripAdvisor (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Free snacks
    - Helpful and friendly people
    - Huge data
    - Learn a lot of tools

Cons

- Not many work to do.
    - Lack of motivation.

Never the same day twice; always a new challenge.

Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

TA employees are encouraged to get things done; speed wins. Our CEO acknowledges in moving quickly, we'll break s---t, but we'll fix it the next time around and be better for doing so. Everyone is smart, motivated, and wants to help each other. Lots of perks and it's clear that the executive team cares about its employees. Seems like a great place to grow your career, skills and earn a competitive salary doing so.

Cons

Poor internal tools and infrastructure to manage so many moving parts. While there are initiatives to improve this, it can be a bit frustrating to get on board and hit the ground running without spending time on things already asked and answered.

TripAdvisor Response

Nov 14, 2013Global Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're proud of our smart, motivated, and helpful employees---and agree that we offer excellent career development to grow your career (with competitive salaries and benefits!) We're also glad that ... More

There are newer employer reviews for TripAdvisor