TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Address the issues soon.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsSome of the best people work here. Not having to worry about lunch is great. Free shuttle from train (though the times should be more accessible.) Flexible work schedule.

ConsThe company has grown so much and it's has obvious growing pains. There have been many re-orgs in the past year to address issues, but problems still exist. Employees are not managed or even paid attention to. No promotion from within. If your boss doesn't care about your team how are you supposed to care about what you do. It's been 6 months since we've had a meeting with the rest of our department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are not enough chiefs to handle all the facets of Marketing, managers are over-loaded with too many direct reports. Disperse PM's to specific teams. Allow 360 reviews to see how employees interact with each other. If your boss doesn't care about your team how are you supposed to care about what you do.

Depends on what team you're joining, but overall probably wouldn't recommend it

(Former Employee) Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros: I think there are a few really great things about TripAdvisor: *… Cons: There were a lot of reasons why I left. They included: * terrible middle-management layer (and in general, way too many layers in a company… Advice to Senior Management: Some new talent should hopefully continue to improve things but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a great company that has some growing pains to work out.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: -friendly supportive atmosphere, interesting and constantly moving environment, fast paced, free… Cons: while fast paced is nice there is a pressure to be… Advice to Senior Management: improve communication between the groups Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!