TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

It's got it it's ups and downs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsThe best thing about working at Tripadvisor is that for the most part you will be working with a LOT of very smart people. The people here are dedicated and are typically very good at what they do.

Obviously the free lunch, foosball, keg, videogames doesn't hurt.

ConsYou will work hard at Tripadvisor. Don't be surprised by 50-60 hour weeks. Some of the management teams fail to realize what they are asking for sometimes. And when asking for help (as in more bodies to help produce), good luck as far as I can tell.

The free lunch gets repetitive over time, but beggars can't be choosers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition. A simple pat on the back can go a long way, but after somebody rolls out a product that make you multiple millions of dollars, kick down a little bit.

Also, it used to be that things got done quickly around here. It seems that process has become a big thing, slowing things down, without actually improving the product.

Address the issues soon.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: Some of the best people work here. Not having to worry about lunch is great.… Cons: The company has grown so much and it's has obvious growing pains. There have been many re-orgs in the past year to address issues,… Advice to Senior Management: There are not enough chiefs to handle all the facets of Marketing, managers are over-loaded with too many direct reports. Disperse PM's to specific… More

Depends on what team you're joining, but overall probably wouldn't recommend it

(Former Employee) Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros: I think there are a few really great things about TripAdvisor: *… Cons: There were a lot of reasons why I left. They included: * terrible middle-management layer (and in general, way too many layers in a company… Advice to Senior Management: Some new talent should hopefully continue to improve things but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!