TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Great place to work with perks, but be prepared to work for it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsThe free lunches and summer Fridays! No there are better reasons but those are pretty good. The site is a great product and the culture promotes innovation. People like to get projects moving and make things happen which can be challenging, but yet very satisfying.

ConsPeople work A LOT. They like stay "lean" and as a result, people work more than other places. This mentality also puts a major strain on engineering and creative resources.

Hiring can be a bit slow which doesn't help the resources issue.

Also, people can have a big head about TA which means that it can be slightly unfriendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I would also push them to create more incentives outside of salary and scheduled bonuses. Everyone works so hard, there should be an incentive for it!

Are we making the world a better place?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Needham, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros: Web 2.0 in Boston, beats Monster.com and other local opportunities. Decent work/life balance for employees with children. Well known web… Cons: "What have you done for me lately?" - contributions are not valued, only expected (despite management rhetoric). Slightly out of touch with latest technology trends.… Advice to Senior Management: What would it take to make TripAdvisor a cool place to work? Management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work. Feels like a startup, but stability of a very successful company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: TripAdvisor provides a fast paced environment where individuals can make a difference. I love it here, and it seems like most others do as… Cons: You have to be comfortable with change, and not a perfectionist. If you really care about how every pixel is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your hiring standards rigiorous as we grow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!