TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Good Benefits - Too many levels of management

Lead Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBenefits package is great. Not only the 'normal' benefits that you get at a company, but being part of the Expedia network, there were a number of perks/discounts that you would get on travel.

ConsProjects that I was working on kept having more and more layers of management added to them, until the managers were outnumbering the contributors. Scope creep was inevitable and projects that should have been pushed live months in advance, got held up with 'wait, one more feature before we release'

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the layers of middle management and move in a more agile manner, releasing code more frequently and iterating based upon feedback.

Rough treatment by management team but great coworkers and benefits

Product Manager (Former Employee) Newton, MA

I worked at TripAdvisor

Pros: Gold-standard benefits, competitive salaries, stable high-growth company, smart and driven coworkers, great opportunities for young/new… Cons: Management team micro-manages, little room for experienced hires to grow, poor work-life balance, no thank yous or… Advice to Senior Management: Give your mid-level managers enough guidance on what you want done and then back… More

Great Job, Wicked Perks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor

Pros: I'll start with the job part. Because I work on a small team I'm often able to take total ownership of what I'm working on… Cons: As I said my team is small so there are times when I feel a little like I'm floating… Advice to Senior Management: I guess I would say just keep the door open so-to-speak.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!