Good to their Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about their employees and often sponsor events. The people are fun and laid back. Christmas Party and Summer picnic.

Cons

There is lack of organization and communication across departments. It can take a VERY long time to get help from anyone not in your bay. Also, it's a complete cubicle farm--only half cubicles, and there are no windows except by the front desk and kitchen. All of the walls are white with florescent lighting--it feels very commercial and uninviting.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Allow us to communicate with other departments to get things done faster.

reviews filtered by
  1. Here today, here tomorrow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a financially stable company. They make big decisions carefully and get them right. No layoffs in my time here. The casual atmosphere can obscure the high energy work ethic I see around me. They give ALL employees serious cash bonuses for milestone sales achievements like biggest month, biggest quarter, biggest year. Most quality employees who come here stay along time.

Cons

With stability can come staleness or lack of innovation, but they have enough good young heads in key positions to keep things moving forward. Career paths could be better defined.

Advice to Management

Initiate more job trainings and formal career advancement programs and having done so educate the employees on their best path to advancement. Think long term.

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Small company atmosphere (going away), relaxed environment.

Cons

Cliquish, strong nepotism, have to fight for ever commission $ if they'll pay it, 401K with no match an animosity among the upper management that divides the company

Advice to Management

Hold a management meeting monthly so all department are on the same page and make sales #'s more readily available to managers to evaluate their growth and staff's performance. Open up the check book to pay commission so sales people are motivated not demoralized and feel they've been cheated.

Tripp Lite Response

Jul 2, 2014EVP

I too regret that as we grow our small company atmosphere becomes more and more difficult to maintain. Cliques are difficult to manage out of existence, but we try. As one of the few companies to ... More