Poor Leadership at Triumph Interiors, PA

Current Employee - Former Employee in Oakdale, PA
Current Employee - Former Employee in Oakdale, PA

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Many employees, including some management, were very respectful, professional, hardworking, and genuinely pleasant to work with. Pay and benefits were competitive, but on the decline.

Cons

A review given by former HR was very unfair and HR did not want my defense written on review in the space provided on the form that would be kept on file. HR criticized me for noncompliance with rules which were not only unspoken and unwritten, but also against the corporate handbook. The president always said he had an open door policy for grievances, but didn't. There were serious violations I do not feel comfortable about revealing here. Lay-offs are commonplace, good employees were let go.

Advice to Management

I don't know if Triumph Group's senior management truly cares how the employees are treated at Triumph Interiors, or any of their other locations. If they do, they need to make it very clear to the presidents at each location. There are violations that could cost Triumph Group not only good employees, but a lot of money through litigation. Start with not discriminating against employees regardless of race, religion, sex and creed.

reviews filtered by

Vought Aircraft was wonderful. Triumph Group, however, does NOT appreciate their employees.

Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Great location, great engineers, great R&D group

Cons

- Triumph promised that we would see no big changes, just a new company name....NOT TRUE
    - Removed all no-cost perks from salaried employess (purchased vacation, ability to make up sick time)
    - Took away retiree benefits from already retired employees
    - Reduced our already published end of the year bonuses due to a "calculating" error that Triumph discovered
    - Removed "Employee satisfaction" from corporate goals.
    - Triumph was astonished that we had people working with 35 years of service. That will never happen again. People able to retire, have left the company that would have stayed longer. New engineers will look elsewhere because the benefits and "perks" are not competitive with other aerospace companies anymore.

TRIUMPH GROUP is taking advantage of the poor economey and has set our company back 30 yrs in corporate evolution. "40 hrs/ 2 weeks vacation/ you better be happy to have a job" mentality.

2. The work was exciting but, you were constantly fighting for resources.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Park City, UT
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Park City, UT

I worked at Triumph Group

Pros

The product was industry leading and there are people who real care about turning out the best product possible. Design team was industry leading.

Cons

Lack of key resources made it difficult to complete programs on schedule. There was a constant battle for key resources from inspection processes to assembly manpower.

Advice to Management

Staff key areas with the manpower necessary to complete existing work flows in a timely manner. Invest in a shop scheduling package that will eliminate the constant manual intervention on the manufacturing floor that is so disruptive to work flows.