terror

Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

all the overtime you can stand,....for now

Cons

I am a machine operator but when I get my check it says bonding mechanic. I get a 30cent raise each year and am paid paid $12.55 to run a 2 million dollar machine after 3 years of service. I work regular 12-16 hour shifts and am constantly criticized everytime i take a saturday or sunday off to be with my family. Passed over time and time again for movement to day shift by juvenile enployees even though its done by "senority". Lied to about many plant issues by h.r. representatives. Management tells lies about what their employees say. Removal of all good benefits after buy out by triumph. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to come to Milledgeville and clean house. The management is stagnant and corrupt.

Other Employee Reviews for Triumph Group

not horrible, not great

Current Employee - Assembler in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assembler in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime, if you want it. (its not by day, but by going over a 40 hr week). Seems stable compared to most aircraft. Small business so it's easy to know everyone and get noticed if you work hard. Employee of the month encouragement (however, it's always someone that has been with the company for several years).

Cons

Not union. Lower pay and benefits then most aircraft. Most people have been there for a long time so it will take a while to move up (not much opportunity for advancement). Raises aren't very large, even with good reviews. Overtime isn't really negotiable except for emergencies so plan to work 10 to 12 hr shifts throughout the week and to work on the weekends as well (can be hard on family life)

2. Awesome

Former Intern - Intern in Spokane, WA
    Former Intern - Intern in Spokane, WA

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Triumph is a forward looking company that really takes advice from all of its employees. They are constantly striving to improve, and they take suggestions readily from those interested. As just an Intern, I was allowed to provide input on several important projects, and really felt like I made an impact in the company.

Cons

Triumph is heavily unionized, which makes some changes harder to implement than others. Some of the technology they use is a bit dated, which can make some work more difficult than it should be.

Advice to Management

Have less union shops, they really hurt the profitability of your company.