There are newer employer reviews for Triumph Group

Triumph Culture and Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Triumph Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Triumph Group (pre-Vought acquisition) was a very decentralized corporation consisting of a diverse group of aerospace manufacturing and MRO companies. Corporate functional staff was very limited, providing the business unit leadership to establish local site culture and performance. This can be good when the local site leadership is good and it can be not so good when local site leadership is not good. The pro is working in a 'small company' atmosphere with large corporate financial strength.

Cons

The cons are when local site leadeship is poor. There is not close oversight or monitoring of company culture and a poor culture can endure for a long time leadiing to turnover and loss of company knowledge and continuity. There is not a big focus on employee retention.

Implement closer oversight of business units, focusing on people, employee satisfaction and culture.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Triumph Group (View Most Recent)

Awesome

Former Employee - Intern  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Spokane, WA

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Triumph is a forward looking company that really takes advice from all of its employees. They are constantly striving to improve, and they take suggestions readily from those interested. As just an Intern, I was allowed to provide input on several important projects, and really felt like I made an impact in the company.

Cons

Triumph is heavily unionized, which makes some changes harder to implement than others. Some of the technology they use is a bit dated, which can make some work more difficult than it should be.

Have less union shops, they really hurt the profitability of your company.

terror

Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic  in  Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

all the overtime you can stand,....for now

Cons

I am a machine operator but when I get my check it says bonding mechanic. I get a 30cent raise each year and am paid paid $12.55 to run a 2 million dollar machine after 3 years of service. I work regular 12-16 hour shifts and am constantly criticized everytime i take a saturday or sunday off to be with my family. Passed over time and time again for movement to day shift by juvenile enployees even though its done by "senority". Lied to about many plant issues by h.r. representatives. Management tells lies about what their employees say. Removal of all good benefits after buy out by triumph. You have been warned.

Corporate needs to come to Milledgeville and clean house. The management is stagnant and corrupt.

There are newer employer reviews for Triumph Group

Worked for Triumph Group? Contribute to the Community!