Triumph Culture and Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Triumph Group (pre-Vought acquisition) was a very decentralized corporation consisting of a diverse group of aerospace manufacturing and MRO companies. Corporate functional staff was very limited, providing the business unit leadership to establish local site culture and performance. This can be good when the local site leadership is good and it can be not so good when local site leadership is not good. The pro is working in a 'small company' atmosphere with large corporate financial strength.

Cons

The cons are when local site leadeship is poor. There is not close oversight or monitoring of company culture and a poor culture can endure for a long time leadiing to turnover and loss of company knowledge and continuity. There is not a big focus on employee retention.

Advice to Management

Implement closer oversight of business units, focusing on people, employee satisfaction and culture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

terror

Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Bonding Mechanic in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

all the overtime you can stand,....for now

Cons

I am a machine operator but when I get my check it says bonding mechanic. I get a 30cent raise each year and am paid paid $12.55 to run a 2 million dollar machine after 3 years of service. I work regular 12-16 hour shifts and am constantly criticized everytime i take a saturday or sunday off to be with my family. Passed over time and time again for movement to day shift by juvenile enployees even though its done by "senority". Lied to about many plant issues by h.r. representatives. Management tells lies about what their employees say. Removal of all good benefits after buy out by triumph. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to come to Milledgeville and clean house. The management is stagnant and corrupt.

not horrible, not great

Current Employee - Assembler in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Assembler in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime, if you want it. (its not by day, but by going over a 40 hr week). Seems stable compared to most aircraft. Small business so it's easy to know everyone and get noticed if you work hard. Employee of the month encouragement (however, it's always someone that has been with the company for several years).

Cons

Not union. Lower pay and benefits then most aircraft. Most people have been there for a long time so it will take a while to move up (not much opportunity for advancement). Raises aren't very large, even with good reviews. Overtime isn't really negotiable except for emergencies so plan to work 10 to 12 hr shifts throughout the week and to work on the weekends as well (can be hard on family life)