There are newer employer reviews for Triumph Group

Great place to work with good people

Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in West Hartford, CT
Former Contractor - Electrical Engineer in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Triumph Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

People work together. Gave me time to think. Great emphasis on product reliability and quality. Emphasis on cleanliness and order. Learned new software packages.

Cons

Impractical goals. Supervisor was nit picky. There was only one way to do things.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible unethical company, destroyed a great company and killed morale!

Former Employee - Aircraft Assembler & Quality in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Aircraft Assembler & Quality in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Triumph Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a job shopper or contractor than you'll enjoy collecting a paycheck

Cons

Anti Union, so much that they bought two aircraft assembly plants I DFW just to close them down. After purchase they immediately began construction on a new building just outside the union laws transfer clause (30 miles I believe) than moved all the work out there. They literally took the jig I worked on, moved it 30 miles away, and told me to apply for the position I e been working the last 6 years! And if we chose not to apply, or didn't get hired by the people we were currently working for, we were layed off! Craaaaazy! To me the Company just seems to be morally corrupt! I really don't understand how what there doing is legal! Oh and another thing, they are out sourcing a majority of the work to china, Korea, and Mexico. So if you are looking to retire from a company, this isn't the place. Oh and to you 40+ year old mechanics...good luck, they find ways to fire older people now so they sure won't hire you!

Advice to Management

What makes you rich today, could be the companies demise in 10 years. When the foreign sub contractors decide to stop building for you and build there own aircraft using the free knowledge you've given them, don't be upset. And when a plane (747-8) falls out of the sky due to shady build practices by your foreign counterparts, don't act surprised because you have been warned!

Total apathy for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Red Oak, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Red Oak, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility of work hours, pay is okay for salary employees

Cons

They hate to pay you overtime, total disregard for your talents. Just want you to come in and do your job and go home. They're not vested in their employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in your brightest, young talent. They are the future of the company.