TruGreen

Quick Path to Success

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Opportunities, teamwork, fun, science and educational.

Cons

Hard work, long hours, big challenges.

Promote from with in. People on the outside are not accustom to the hours and pressures seasoned employees have grown used to. These opportunities are what bring us top tier talent willing to start in entry level positions. With out the advancements we are just another company.

290 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

Trugreen used to be a great place to work, but since it was purchased, has steadily declined in compensation andculture.

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Being able to work without having a manager looking over your shoulder all day long. Also it is a physical job and keeps you in shape without beating you up too much.

Cons

There are too many different requirements through-out the week to keep track of. Treat all your lawns, make sales (most people get into this job to get away from sales) market other services to all your customers. Do everything in less than 40 hours. I made less money in 2010 than I did in my first year with Trugreen in 2006-07.

Trugreen needs to specialize. People hired to treat lawns should treat lawns. Pick one compesation method and stick with it. Don't lower empolyees pay and then say it's ok because you'll be working more hours and your pay will be the same.

Hard really tests your skill, stamina, and persistence.

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Opportunity to really learn how to sell, door to door sales builds 5x communication experience as any other sales job.

Cons

Expected to work 55 hours a week, Trugreen doesn't pay new hires there incentives for 2 1/2 months so be prepared to live off minimum wage for two months well you finally get a commission check 15 days after your first full month there. For example you get hired march 3rd you won't get a commission's check till may 15th. They are the most expensive fertilizer company in our area and burned alot of bridges over the years with there customer base. Despite horrible ratings in employee engagement, managers still are trying the same old tactics of threatening employees with there jobs to get short term increases in performance. If you are really shy or have a low ego don't even apply because you will get a butt load of rejection everyday to try to squeeze out a few meager sales.

HR knows what the sales force needs, but managers still don't get it. Employees need to be engaged and motivated positively not negatively. Also don't make it almost 3 months before you get a decent check. I quit a decent job, to try to make some really good money, but didn't calculate two months of minimum wage and if I get screwed on my first full commission check I will probably go postal. If you have these wonder boys that throw up three dozen sales a week get them on audio and train the rest of the force to use the same tactics.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen