TruGreen

www.trugreen.com
  www.trugreen.com
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

TruGreen is a well- maintained company.

Former Employee - Lawn Specialist in Billings, MT
Former Employee - Lawn Specialist in Billings, MT

I worked at TruGreen part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, great employees, done with work in the afternoon.

Cons

Hot, long hours, probably underpaid for work.

296 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

As both an employer and a service provider: ABUSIVE

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in York, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in York, PA

I worked at TruGreen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great short term position until you find something better. They'll basically hire anyone that can fog a mirror up and pass a drug screen. This goes for outside sales reps, lawn specialists, and office personnel.
    The sales manager that I personally dealt with was a very ethical, talented, caring human being.

Cons

I have never held a position in an organization where NONE of the employees had anything good to say about the company. The employees of Trugreen are battered and negative. They have a right to be; as bonuses, the length of their seasonal employment, personal recognition, and other forms of rewards/compensation been taken away from them little by little for the past 6-7 years. I was offered an opportunity to move departments and get a 33% base salary increase before I got laid off last year, and was quite pleased.......until I got to my second interview with the general manager of the facility that I worked at. He told me that he would go ($__ per hour), any more he would have to sleep on it. Being desperate to work at the time, I accepted a salary that was $2 per hour less than the 'concrete' offer that was made to me at the end of last year.

Servicemaster and Trugreen Corporate: keep your word, and force your minions to do the same. Changing your programs around at the drop of a hat breeds discontent and chaos. This goes for the way that you treat your employees and customers. You have been through (and had to settle) two class action lawsuits this year, due to a lack of desire on your part to pay people properly. It's about time to fly straight, don't you think? Your lawncare company should have never been managed by higher ups from a pest control company. Although they are both service-based, the industries are COMPLETELY different.

Do not do it

Former Employee - Route Specialist in Lexington, OH
    Former Employee - Route Specialist in Lexington, OH

I worked at TruGreen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You do not have a manager standing over top of you during the day until you get back to the branch

Cons

Pay, commission's, sales goals are to much on top of the production you have to do.

Think about your employees, respect them, show them that you appreciate what they do for your branch, a simple thank you will do.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen