TruGreen

www.trugreen.com

Loyalty won't have a seat at the table when you get let go

General Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome guerilla style training that prepared me to be productive at other companies. If you were fortunate enough to get higher levels of Branch Management and up the pay had a chance to be very comfortable.

ConsInsane demands on employees. Unrealistic goals. Attrition stacked upon more attrition for the associate experience. You would push your employees so far with promises of benefits of "sticking it out" and how "the company remembers hard workers and won't forget your loyalty that you've shown". Senior leadership bullies branch level management into making bad decisions and threatens front line associates into moving out of state for jobs that they eliminate within months.

I once had a Regional VP contact me the day after not sending technicians on the road to do production during a Tropical Storm (People were evacuated from their homes) and asked me "Who do you think you are to not send out your workers? I guess you don't understand what we're trying to accomplish here"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your local leadership who have been doing it for years and know their markets/customer base. HR is out of control, creating paranoia and fear more damaging than they ever dreamed possible. The "Us vs. Them" mentality that HR creates is ludicrous. I had an employee contact HR about a dispute and she was shocked to hear the HR rep start things off, "What happened? Did the GM yell at you? You can tell me. I bet he did. Did he curse?" Leading the employee into something? Unprofessional. The employee thankfully got angry at this and assured the HR rep that the GM does not conduct himself in this manner and that she was looking for a neutral party to interpret a policy. Reduce HR's role in the organization! Why do they interview and have final say on who is going to be an Operations Manager when they have no technical knowledge at all?

Worst Company to work for

Neighborhood Sales Representative (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

I worked at TruGreen full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nothing good to say about the company - it is… Cons: No one in the company supports you no matter if you sell or do not sell. All they want you to do is work 50… Advice to Senior Management: Get a life and support the people that work for you.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good growth opportunities, poor work/life balance

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at TruGreen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great advancement opportunities for the right individual. Great place… Cons: As a management you will work a lot of hours. 12 hour days and… Advice to Senior Management: Find the right balance to work associates and managers hard, but not burn… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TruGreen.

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!