TruGreen

www.trugreen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Loyalty won't have a seat at the table when you get let go

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TruGreen full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some guerilla style training that prepared me to be productive at other companies. If you were fortunate enough to get higher levels of Branch Management and up the pay had a chance to be very comfortable.

Cons

Insane demands on employees. Unrealistic goals. Attrition stacked upon more attrition for the associate experience. You would push your employees so far with promises of benefits of "sticking it out" and how "the company remembers hard workers and won't forget your loyalty that you've shown". Senior leadership bullies branch level management into making bad decisions and threatens front line associates into moving out of state for jobs that they eliminate within months.

I once had a Regional VP contact me the day after not sending technicians on the road to do production during a Tropical Storm (People were evacuated from their homes) and asked me "Who do you think you are to not send out your workers? I guess you don't understand what we're trying to accomplish here"

Listen to your local leadership who have been doing it for years and know their markets/customer base. HR is out of control, creating paranoia and fear more damaging than they ever dreamed possible. The "Us vs. Them" mentality that HR creates is ludicrous. I had an employee contact HR about a dispute and she was shocked to hear the HR rep start things off, "What happened? Did the GM yell at you? You can tell me. I bet he did. Did he curse?" Leading the employee into something? Unprofessional. The employee thankfully got angry at this and assured the HR rep that the GM does not conduct himself in this manner and that she was looking for a neutral party to interpret a policy. Reduce HR's role in the organization! Why do they interview and have final say on who is going to be an Operations Manager when they have no technical knowledge at all?

314 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

Worst Company to work for

Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Representative in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Representative in Wilmington, DE

I worked at TruGreen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about the company - it is awful.

Cons

No one in the company supports you no matter if you sell or do not sell. All they want you to do is work 50 hours a week for $12.00 an hour. If you are going through a rough patch as far as selling they kick you to the curb. So many things I could say but it would take too long.

Get a life and support the people that work for you. If you are loyal to them they will be loyal to you.

Telesales Supervisor

Former Employee - Telesales Supervisor in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Telesales Supervisor in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at TruGreen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits and medical

Cons

Managers treat employees like second class citizens. Human resources in Tennessee do not communicate with management in MIchigan regarding background checks and drug screening concerns. I was told to come into work but because the background checks haven't come through with results, I was sent home.

Treat people the way you wanted to be treated. I was belittled the entire time and then sent home and not compensated for it.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen