There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Route Manager in Fishers, IN
Current Employee - Route Manager in Fishers, IN

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for sales. 10%-15% commission. Decent base wage. Monthly retention. Not an extra high pressure job.

Cons

See the above. Sales can be hit and miss. Constant winter layoffs. OT sometimes restricted

Stick to the plan. Changing constantly and not allowing plans enough time to determine if they'll really work or not.

273 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

Make it your own

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can definitely make good money and it is a fun atmosphere if you make it that way. I you don't like to be told no, then it is not for you.

Cons

You have to be available 24/7. That is the only way to really make money

I believe the schedule for us should be 9-6:30 (DST) and 9-7:30 outside DST Monday through Friday. How it breaks down is that we should roll play from 9-10:30, then make our call backs from 10:30 - 11:30. Next we should eat lunch from 11:30 - 12:30. After that, make more call backs or do the drops/picks/meets from 12:30 - 2 then knock in the territories from 2 till dark. I believe that with a schedule like that, reps will not get burned out so quickly and will feel that they have a balance of work and life as well.

Worn Out!

Current Employee - Route Speci in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Route Speci in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TruGreen (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great relationship with customers, pride in ownership of your route, good exercise, good salary and overtime, excellent medical insurance

Cons

Excessive hours, terrible sales from the call center mean I have to work 5 times as hard to gain customers' trust and resell our service. "Digital marketing" is a joke. You can not sell lawn care properly without actually seeing the lawn you are trying to sell (get rid of Google Earth and send sales reps to properties to sell properly). Poor balance of work/family time. We are supposed to work 4 11 hour shifts a week but now we are working 5 days to hit our revenue goal.You always have to work more hours and wear yourself out because the company wants more, more, more production. Sometimes I don't even get home until 7:30-8:00 at night, after arriving before 7:00 am! Overtime is good, but I am worn out! You can not make spontaneous plans with family or friends, ever. Trugreen owns you.

Try to care about the well-being and happiness of your branch level employees for a change!! If you quit treating them like liabilities and start treating them like valuable assets, you will be amazed at how much harder they will work for you! As hard as it is for you to believe, the 'little people' are who make it possible for you corporate bigwigs to enjoy your lifestyle. Try treating us with decency and respect once in a while, and you will be rewarded. Also, invest more money into operations (branch level) instead of putting all of your money into marketing.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen