Application Process

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time

Pros

Very detailed and in-depth application process. Questions on the application leads you to think they value certain management/supervisory styles.

Cons

Third party employment service are rarely effective at weeding out the RIGHT candidates. Doesn't seem TruGreen actually reviews applicants until after the computer weeds out the riff-raff. Seems a bit too in-depth for this type of job.

Advice to Management

Wish you could log in and view status of applications submitted.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Most rewarding Job Ive ever had

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been Given every opportunity to grow in this company. Yes i have worked a lot of hours but if you want to make real money you have to work real hard. I love meeting people every day and not just selling them service but making a Friend. If you are coming to this place for the base pay and mileage I beg you go work some where else.

Cons

Should pay a little more per mile

Advice to Management

Treat your team as you would want to be treated

Poor training, poor management, unrealistic goals.

Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't really think of any. There are much worse jobs out there but I would not recommend TruGreen if given a choice.

Cons

Being a weather related business causes your schedule to constantly change. I was told it was 4 eleven hour days with weekends off. So far, most of the time I've been asked to work my day off during the week as well as every Saturday. Also, many days have been in excess of 12 hours. The boots they give you are horrible, which makes no sense, since your feet are the most important part of the job. Poor training and then just throw you out there to figure it out but still expect you to be instantly efficient. Fly by the seat of their pants kind of place. Crappy equipment, no problem solving ability for their tech's issues, and the worst part of it all is their process of getting off work. You have to check out by reviewing your day with a manager. Problem is, there's usually 4 or 5 people in front of you who all end up spending 10 minutes or more with the manager. You bust your butt all day to get your work done and you get back to the shop and have to sit there for up to 45 minutes waiting to tell the manager things that are meaningless or getting "scolded" for not making more money, even though you really have no control over it. All about production with a lack of care for their customers.

Advice to Management

Not even sure where to start.