There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Application Process

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time

Pros

Very detailed and in-depth application process. Questions on the application leads you to think they value certain management/supervisory styles.

Cons

Third party employment service are rarely effective at weeding out the RIGHT candidates. Doesn't seem TruGreen actually reviews applicants until after the computer weeds out the riff-raff. Seems a bit too in-depth for this type of job.

Wish you could log in and view status of applications submitted.

271 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

What the hell have i gotten myself into

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't think of one that I cannot off set with a con

Cons

The company is structures so the "fat cats make all the money and the worker bees get whats left (the meager leftovers) I have never worked for a company that has such a high turnover rate. More people have quit than we actually have on staff. The job description is misleading. The company does not allow employees to have a work/life balance. The magic wand that was waved before my eyes showed me the company through rose colored glasses. When the blinders came off I was shell shocked. I had a life, now I am a TruGreen slave.

Treat employees as human beings, not machines. It may suprise you but we get tired, frustrated and down right irritated. I am not a TruGreen minion, I am a Human Being, a man, flesh and blood. Heck even a machine gets some down time. You can't wind us up and expect us to be energizer bunnies every day. Even the bunny's batteries eventually run down.

Good and Bad It just depends on the day.

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Good Pay. The hourly is not bad. And, there is the opportunity to earn good income. As long as you don't mind working through all the bad things first.

Cons

Unorganized. Start from the bottom of the bottom.

Less micromanagement. An employee is much more likely to take advice from someone that he doesn't feel is just another employee in the bunch.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen