There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Surprising

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at TruGreen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, good training in the field and in the office. Awesome sales compensation, I've seen salesmen at this company make more than realtors. They used to utilize telemarketing but have evolved from that, which is good. They also pay field sales reps' fuel expenses.

Cons

During the interview process, it was not made clear to me in any way, shape, or form, that they utilized cold-call telemarketing, but they dropped that process. Training and sales floor support was also kind of lackluster.

Keep moving away from telemarketing. There are ways to get customers to you instead of you to them, and you made the right first move.

268 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

Most rewarding Job Ive ever had

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been Given every opportunity to grow in this company. Yes i have worked a lot of hours but if you want to make real money you have to work real hard. I love meeting people every day and not just selling them service but making a Friend. If you are coming to this place for the base pay and mileage I beg you go work some where else.

Cons

Should pay a little more per mile

Treat your team as you would want to be treated

Application Process

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Lawn Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TruGreen full-time

Pros

Very detailed and in-depth application process. Questions on the application leads you to think they value certain management/supervisory styles.

Cons

Third party employment service are rarely effective at weeding out the RIGHT candidates. Doesn't seem TruGreen actually reviews applicants until after the computer weeds out the riff-raff. Seems a bit too in-depth for this type of job.

Wish you could log in and view status of applications submitted.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen