TruGreen

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Surprising

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at TruGreen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good training in the field and in the office. Awesome sales compensation, I've seen salesmen at this company make more than realtors. They used to utilize telemarketing but have evolved from that, which is good. They also pay field sales reps' fuel expenses.

Cons

During the interview process, it was not made clear to me in any way, shape, or form, that they utilized cold-call telemarketing, but they dropped that process. Training and sales floor support was also kind of lackluster.

Keep moving away from telemarketing. There are ways to get customers to you instead of you to them, and you made the right first move.

315 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

What the hell have i gotten myself into

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one that I cannot off set with a con

Cons

The company is structures so the "fat cats make all the money and the worker bees get whats left (the meager leftovers) I have never worked for a company that has such a high turnover rate. More people have quit than we actually have on staff. The job description is misleading. The company does not allow employees to have a work/life balance. The magic wand that was waved before my eyes showed me the company through rose colored glasses. When the blinders came off I was shell shocked. I had a life, now I am a TruGreen slave.

Treat employees as human beings, not machines. It may suprise you but we get tired, frustrated and down right irritated. I am not a TruGreen minion, I am a Human Being, a man, flesh and blood. Heck even a machine gets some down time. You can't wind us up and expect us to be energizer bunnies every day. Even the bunny's batteries eventually run down.

TruGreen Orlando Neighborhood Marketing Rep.

Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at TruGreen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good sales training if you get hooked up with the right Sales Manager. They will make you a one stop closing machine if you listen to them.

Cons

6 day work weeks pretty much year round. You have to "win" a three day holiday weekend. They strap you to a GPS radio that they can see your every move and will talk to you about it EVERY night you come back to the office to the point they even have the nerve to check your fingernails to see if they are dirty or not!!!. 11am-10pm work days Saturdays 9-possibly 6pm. You will be required to knock in "no-soliciting" neighborhoods. You WILL get rousted by police at least 2-3 times a month for knocking on doors. Commission against Draw Comp plan. If you go negative in commission you still get your meager draw but that negative commission follows you all year long unless you can make it up by some miracle. Only 2 people out of 12 actually can hit or zero out their commission. RSM are all about the numbers and could give a crap about customer service. Divisional Sales Managers hate the RSM's and make fun of them and the GM's constantly.

Go back to paying a salary + commission and stop the revolving door of sales reps. Selling insulation during the offseason is NOT the answer to layoffs. Let the reps sell lawn care year round not ceiling insulation in Florida. Get the RSM's and Divisional Sales Managers on the same playbook and stop hoodwinking each other. Stop making the Company seek nothing but numbers and focus a little on the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen