There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

well if the economy stinks and you need a job...here ya go

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Outside work, management does not micromanage, you can be your own boss for the most part, commission structure, good benefits

Cons

base pay low, lay-offs across the board regardless of performance, communication between departments lacking, there did not seem to be any advancement opportunities even though they were advertised, worked on Saturdays, no overtime

provide incentives for top performers, better base pay

262 Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Commercial Sales
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Good Support from Local Management
    Quality Product to Sell
    Generally Good Work Culture - People Are Great
    Pay is Generally among Industry Standard

Cons

Can Feel Very Corporate
    Sometimes slow to act and sometimes poor leadership at high levels
    Very stringent on sales quotas, not always willing to allow people to develop fully before terminating

I thnk that a better relationship between the two TruGreen Companies would benifit both tremendously. It is unbeliable that both Landcare and Chemlawn cannot work together consistantly throughout the country.

Seems great...but aint great!

Current Employee - Tech  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Tech in Hartford, CT

I have been working at TruGreen

Pros

Decent money sometimes....pay rate fluctuates so one week can be great, and the next can suck ass.
    Hmmmm...I think thats it

Cons

I've never worked at a job before where at least once a week I go through the entire day literally saying out loud..."I hate this messed up job!!!" But at the same time I like my job...I like working outside all day, and helping people establish a great looking lawn, Also, working away from any management all day is a plus too...its gives you a bigger sense of freedom. Back to the messed up part of the job....we are basically slaves...its all about the money with Trugreen. Thats it...thats all there is to it! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! Technicians are expected to hit insane goals everyday which averages to 20 or more lawns a day. This equals 6-10 miles of walking each day pushing and pulling heavy fertilizing equipment. This also averages to about 18 minutes spent on each property to have a realistic 10 hour work day...bullscrap I should literally spend at least 30 minutes on each property in order to treat the lawn properly. For example, how is a technician expected to fertilize an acre sized lawn and afterwards, walk the whole yard spraying every single weed in the yard. Some lawns should take an hour or two in order to treat it the way people are paying for, and this is impossible to do because techs are expected to hit their daily goal, otherwise they arent doing a good job in the eyes of management. But really they ARE doing a good job by spending time on the lawns instead of rushing through 20 plus lawns a day doing a half ass job! But that is not what Trugree wants...they want the application done and the bill left on the door, and hope that the customer doesnt complain if the lawn starts going downhill.
    Another issue....whats the ? is up with the Chinese overtime!!!!!!! I work 55 plus hours a week, which would be great if I was getting paid for it. I'd love to work all that overtime every week and make a ton of money, but instead Trugreen makes employees work ridiculously long hours, 6 days a week because the overtime rate is less than minimum wage. Mine averaged $5.50 an hour for overtime...ummmm is there something wrong here or what...I feel like I'm in bizarro world. Why Trugreen would you pay employees less money for the more hours they work...what the heck is wrong with you....greedy ass company.
    This job can seriously burn out a technician so fast, which is why the turnover rate is so crazy.

Do the technicians job for a week and see how you like it!!!! Let me see if you reach your goal everyday....c'mon dont be scared. Im sure I'll find you passed out on someone's lawn during a hot summer day, but that's too bad, cuz you gotta bring in that number!!! AND working every single Saturday is just insane...with the amount of work we do...1 day off just does not work at all.
    Personally, I like my managers and I know that they are being told why to do by someone higher up then them...they were once techs themselves, so I respect the management where I work, I do not have a grip with them...but I do with whoever runs Trugreen and forces the management to do what they do.

There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!