There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

Overworked, under payed, and applying fertilizer and pesticides in the rain because the boss said so.

Former Employee - Lawn Specialist
Former Employee - Lawn Specialist

I worked at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is really no reason to work for trugreen unless you have no other job opportunities.

Cons

It's a company with horrible management, bad environmental practices, bad labor practices, and high pressure sales techniques. Trugreen doesn't care about actually taking care of lawns. They just want to get bad even if the lawn wasn't treated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Trugreen is a reliable employer that offers an independent working environment.

Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work, flexible hours, below industry pay but pretty good benefits offered. Technician managers are flexible and good to work with.

Cons

Corporate seems to enjoy half baked production incentives to increase sales. Lack of follow through creates distrust in the employees.

Change is Bad

Former Employee - Auditor/Customer Service Representative in Richmond Hill, GA
    Former Employee - Auditor/Customer Service Representative in Richmond Hill, GA

I worked at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started in 2010 as an auditor. Emphasis on customer service was spectacular. The office staff were very gracious and went out of their way to assist all members of staff and all customers. The best environment ever!

Cons

Corporate took over our location and pitted everyone against each other. My job, while full and fulfilling in the beginning was chaotic and confusing in the end. New phone systems pushed our local customers into the corporate spiral nightmare created by an out of touch CEO. Outdated computer systems and frustrated management only accelerated their demise. In the end I had enough. You spend half the day sending the same report to 20 different members of "management", while ignoring customer complaints. Sales staff were encouraged to lie to get a sale. I was encouraged to have them pay for a year of service upfront, and inevitably Trugreen would mess it up.

Advice to Management

Remember what made this company so great? Can you? It was the customer service and quality employees, from the ground level. Your matrix will contribute to your demise. Get back to your "roots". Get rid of all of those middle-management bottom feeders and let your people work. Those very people want to grow old with your company.