outside sales consultant

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Grand Haven, MI
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base pay was not bad with a commission structure.

Cons

hours are long and commission was difficult to reach, there was a constant fear of being fired, and was fired after two months. There was no moral support for learning about products and services.

reviews filtered by

Customer service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I get a review yearly with pay increase. After being at Trugreen for more then 6 months you get up to 5 days vacation and it does increase after five years to ten days and so for.

Cons

training is not as good as it use to be, it feels as some are really just thrown out there. Trugreen makes you feel like the advancing process is not possible bc when ppl ask for advancement layoffs begin to happen. Pay is horrible. I have seen ppl work here for 10+ years and barely make over 12$ an hour. For all the work you have to do for the company, rather it be in sales, customer service, or a service tech, you are not paid enough for the issues you have to deal with. Trugreen is very cheap with paying employees. Its like Working at Mcdonalds 40-60 hours a week and paid minimum wage and dealing with the good customer and bad customers. You get Chinese overtime, too,

Advice to Management

pretty much sinking this company. I expect Trugreen to be bankrupt in 10 years. No one knows one hand from the other. Managers have sales managers who know less then the customer service reps and sales. It takes years and years to get rid of a bad apple, but trugreen doesn't have issues with getting rid of all the good apples. This company has gone thru three CEOs since 2009 and was just recently seperated from ServiceMaster due to the losses in the company. I am really surprised that the overhead owner of the company has not sold Trugreen.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Lawn Care Specialist in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Lawn Care Specialist in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They teach you a great deal about lawn care. They give you a responsibility to provide the best service possible and with great results you feel a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

There has been a lot of changes in upper management therefore they have not been hearing the voice of the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the voice of the Lawn specialist who provides the service. Sometimes we have been ignored.