True Action

www.trueaction.com

great for new grads - young company & growing business

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt could be because I'm a fresh face to the industry, but I'm excited about the work I'm doing and the responsibilities I've been given with big name clients. Yes, its rarely "mad men" glamorous, but "entry-level" does not just mean paper-pusher here.
I genuinely enjoy and feel a sense of camaraderie with most of the people I interact with. Very youthful employee base.
Work hard/play hard environment.
Very integrated with evolving tech trends.
The Associate Program overhaul (if mgmt listens to the suggestions made) will definitely improve the strength of new graduate training and performance.
Open-door policy - straight out of a liberal arts school, and I've already worked with most of the senior management on projects. They always encourage me to actively seek mentorship, and I feel comfortable coming to them with my questions and concerns. Few of my friends can say they work in an environment that fosters their growth the same way.

ConsBusiness grew faster than the company did - and, as a result, many people are overworked and have to fill many roles they may not be as experienced in (strategy team doing account mgmt work, etc)
Intracompany communication - especially between the NY and KoP office - could be greatly improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs True Action shifts from a small agency to a larger one, more standardized work practices need to be enacted. The free-for-all environment might work when there are fewer employees working on fewer projects, but there needs to be more structure and organization for TA to not flounder under its new growth.

Great people, growing company

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at True Action full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people, good resources. A collaborative and friendly environment, with… Cons: Short-staffed due to growth and can work on cross-department communication Advice to Senior Management: Continue to nurture True Action's collaborative environment as it continues… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

fast-growing, exciting place to grow your career and be at the forefront of digital marketing and technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at True Action full-time for less than a year

Pros: great clients get to work on big brands smart management and employees fun and collegial culture with kickball/football teams, bagel wednesdays, free snacks, pranks and more intellectually stimulating work opportunities… Cons: Inconsistent A/C in the office Tons of growth means we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on True Action.

Worked for True Action? Contribute to the Community!