There are newer employer reviews for True Value

Strasser True Value is a pleasant place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I worked at True Value part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding when it comes down to... pretty much everything! Great place to work also if you just want to work part-time somewhere!

Cons

"People make mistakes, we're only human." Some employees/managers never run that statement through their mind before reacting to someone messing up.

Advice to Management

I really can't think of any advice/improvement for management to use, just keep doing what your doing and if you see anything that could use improvement, go for it!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service in Woodstock, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Woodstock, NY

I have been working at True Value

Pros

Friendly people, management very appreciative or a job well done, understanding when time needs to be taken off for personal reasons.

Cons

Not great pay after working a long time, but all right for starting out. A little bit of drama between people who work here.

Advice to Management

Nothing! You are doing a great job, keep it up! If I didn't have to leave for personal reasons I would love to keep working here.

Highlight of my career...so far

Former Employee - Email Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Email Marketing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at True Value

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, open, honest; supervisors are open to new ideas; great opportunity for advancement and they are generous to contractors, treating them fairly and in most cases like their not even a contractor.

Cons

Sometimes, as with all companies, communication between supervisors and employees could be a bit lacking and there were a lot of meetings, most of which seemed a bit unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees fairly and with great respect and there won't be a lot of room for advancement - no one will leave!