There are newer employer reviews for True Value

Lower management needs to improve communication skills.

Former Employee - Order Filler in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Order Filler in Atlanta, GA

I worked at True Value full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are good here.

Cons

Lower management does not have the proper manager employee communicating skills. I have read on here where they yell at you, and that is very true.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees, not stress them out. They play a big role in the operations of the distrubution center. Ask them how are they doing when you approach them, don't talk to them like they are nothing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Double standards between management and associates

Former Employee - Clerk in Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Clerk in Springfield, OR

I worked at True Value full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work schedule

Cons

I was written up for raising my voice (out of frustration)to a manager, however, when a manager yelled and screamed at me (supposedly out of frustration) and I complained about it, I was written up. My supervisor said it was my fault that she yelled at me and therefore justified. Double standard. Twice during this disciplinary action, I had to ask my supervisor to lower his voice (he has a history of yelling at associates under him). This is common practice at the Springfield, OR RDC as upper management turns a blind eye to how their department managers run there associates. I was terminated on the grounds that I create a negative environment. How negative is it when managers and supervisors are allowed to yell and belittle their crew on a daily basis, as well as talk negatively about an associate to other associates. The Outbound Manager routinely told me about others' production rates, personal problems, disciplinary problems.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Find out what is going on in your RDC. Knock down the silos and get involved in how supervisors treat their employees.

2. Fun

I worked at True Value

Pros

I had an avenue of employment.

Cons

Benefits...company didn't want to back employees with them.

Advice to Management

Give better benefits.