True Value

bad

Current Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at True Value

Pros

True value is a fun job you learn a lot but when it comes down to the real deal the job sucked you would sit there for four hours and do nothing. true value and there managers need a hip side

Cons

boring you would sit on your butt all day doing nothing

yo be nice help out and dont have a poor additude torwards you empoloyies

63 Other Employee Reviews for True Value (View Most Recent)

Great Company...Sad I left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at True Value

Pros

Great people, the majority of which have a lets get it done attitude. In the areas I worked in, people in leadership roles were always willing to listen to ideas from the people in the field. I knew I always had the support of my manager and director.

Cons

The salary was a bit below average (but I knew that going into it so that is on me for accepting it). Lots of windshield time.

The leadership team has done a really good job of navigating through this downturn. Please continue to do what you are doing in order to ensure the company remains an industry leader.

Multi-manager duties

Current Employee - Management in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Management in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at True Value

Pros

Learning the ins and outs of small business management from opening a new retail business from startup as a co-op of a larger organization. Flexibility in schedule as needed, practicing giving customer service to a level most companies will not allow but seem to desire. Going the extra mile for the customer and taking exceptional care of their needs, whether it be helping with purchase on floor or delivering to an elderly/ handicapped customer whom needs an extra hand with a heavy/large purchase.

Cons

Low pay, little to no benefits, working most holidays with no holiday pay. Communication lacking with owners/management to employees through regular meetings. Little reconizition on job done well.

Need to organize regular meetings with employees to build team spirit and goal setting. Need a process that works for daily communication with managers to employees as to new procedures changes.

There are newer employer reviews for True Value