There are newer employer reviews for TrueCar

Best company i've ever worked at...or with for that matter

I have been working at TrueCar

Pros

Amazing location(s), incredibly smart people, THE BEST benefits you can get...and 100% covered by the company, provides everyone with snacks/food/whatever you need so you can get your work done, no office politics or drama. Simply, it's the coolest company and best place to work you can find. I'm not sure what the negative reviews were about...but those people must be crazy. The one even said bad location??? We are literally in a BRAND NEW office with ocean view in Santa Monica and our other location two blocks away is amazing too...with ocean view on SM and 2nd. If you can work here...work here. It's amazing!

Cons

I'm sure the same issues that any company experiencing explosive growth would have - changes in product roadmap, lot of new employees, startup environment...

Advice to Management

I think the advice that we need more "workers" and less directors/managers is pretty right on, but when building a new company you start by hiring the best in the industry and those types don't leave their current job to come to a new company as a "worker". Now that we've got over 200 employees, the growth on the "worker" side will catch up to mngmnt.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

TrueCar - smart, hard-working team!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at TrueCar

Pros

The Co. is going somewhere - it's exciting. All employees have stock options, so they have a passion for what they're doing. Benefits 100% paid by Co, location (ocean views!), work hard: play hard, working with smart people who take pride in their work.

Cons

there is a lot of change. If you like a steady-eddie work enviornment, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on a few top priorities. Don't staff up too quickly.

Awesome Place to work!

I have been working at TrueCar

Pros

Location, benefits, flexibility, intelligent people, work hard play hard, pay for performance... this place has it all.

Cons

My commute. I wish I could live in Santa Monica!