Trulia

www.trulia.com
  www.trulia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

Incredible company to work for!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, management team, hours, flexibilty, opportunity for advancement is very high. Value promoting from within.

Cons

Expectations are unreasonable at times. They demand the world sometimes and it doesn't seem they understand what we are really going through.

Top producers in CS need better treatment and the raises they deserve!

174 Other Employee Reviews for Trulia (View Most Recent)

A quickly sinking ship. Call center exploiting sales team

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

40 hours a week, not an hour more or less. Good people at the office, easy to meet and make friends. Awesome training and support if you're new to sales. If you're happy talking on the phone all day for very LOW OTE, then this is a good start.

Cons

Where to start? Since we've gone public, making money is virtually impossible. Each month the quotas double, but the payout remains the same. Because you're getting paid hourly, commissions (bonus) each month gets taxed at 40%! If you hit quota, you can expect to make $1350. But what do you end up with after taxes? $800. Given that 50% of the floor did not hit quota last month, you will decelerate very quickly from that amount.

A 24k base with this kind of commission is ridiculous. You will have to have a phenomenal year to break 40k. Don't let their company culture fool you into thinking people are happy. Their top sales rep has already left. This company values short term gain over long term sustainability. They reward sales reps for setting agents up with bad programs that don't do anything for their business. I've sold over 80 agents. I can count on one hand the real estate agents who are genuinely satisfied with the product.

Management/supervisors are getting paid to do absolutely nothing. Cut them loose. They are useless. Most supervisors couldn't close a deal if their life depended on it and don't know the product. Brainwashing your reps into drinking the kool aid isn't working. No one is happy.

It gets worse every day

I have been working at Trulia

Pros

Some free food, happy hours, convenient downtown location

Cons

Ever since the IPO, Trulia has been on a downhill slide, which now is turning into an avalanche.
    There is now a military vibe which dictates that everyone work every second of every day. The work day starts at 7:30 but now we must get in at 7:15 so that we don't "steal time". Just an example of how the sales staff are being treated. The new product that just got launched doesn't work, and only two weeks into it, agents we have sold are complaining that they are getting nothing for their
    money.
    So unless you enjoy being treated like a child and being screamed at by dissatisfied customers all day, this is not the place for you.

This was once a great place to work, but in your greed you have forgotten what made you that way.
    There is karma and it will all come back to bite you.

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia