Trulia

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

Best Job Ever

Current Employee - Senior Data Warehouse Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Data Warehouse Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Doing what I love in an amazing culture.

Cons

My commute, but that's not their fault.

Only advice is to be a little less quick to react to every weekly change, especially in Sales. It makes it very difficult to support the sales teams with accurate and reliable reporting.

182 Other Employee Reviews for Trulia (View Most Recent)

Great people, fulfilling work, lots of fun

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really care here about keeping us happy and healthy. We get great benefits, including occasional "Mind, Body, Spirit" days where we have free massage and organize sports, dancing, yoga, surfing, music playing, or whatever the employees want to do. Our gym memberships are paid for. We also get one week each quarter to set aside the roadmap and work on whatever projects we want. We like each other enough that we really do enjoy the many company parties, and many of us hang out together outside of work-related events.

Cons

I always have a hard time answering this question when people ask during interviews. I guess sometimes I get a little frustrated when I'm working on something with a deadline and I keep getting hit in the head with nerf darts, but most of the time I like that there are nerf wars. People who don't like dogs would probably object to the fact that there's usually at least one in the office somewhere, but for myself, I keep dog treats at my desk.

Smart people who care.

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a team-oriented company, and you get to work with people who are creative thinkers. Sometimes you get to be the leader, but often, you get to work for and learn from, some very accomplished people.

Cons

The goals they set are totally unattainable, but we do it anyways! Seriously, there can be a lot of pressure to meet your goals, but there's also a lot of support. I took a position here knowing I might not succeed, but also realizing that the experience would be invaluable.

Don't stop being transparent with the employees. Knowing what's going on at the top really helps keep us engaged and inspired so we bring our best game to the table.

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia