Trulia

www.trulia.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

Good info if thinking about working for Trulia

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Trulia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people working there. Managers are very open and always available for questions/help. Generally had a 1on1 meeting w/ manager once a week to discuss numbers and your current quota, pacing, projecting, etc.. Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program. However, if you do not like to cold-call 75-100 real estate agents/per day...this job is not for you.

Cons

Too aggressive of quotas (sometimes). When I worked there- 2 parts to quota: 1. new subs (new subscribers) and 2. Rev (revenue). The quotas would change month-to-month (as most sales jobs) but would constantly change prices of products we offered and add or discontinue others. My advice- go in as an AR (account rep) vs. an AE (account exec). Yes base salary is a little lower but so is quota which will allow you to exceed your overall monthly quota to make more money vs being an AE and having trouble hitting numbers month in and month out.

Less meetings. Generally would have 10-15 meetings per week when most of the info could be sent through email. Be more realistic with quotas. HIGHER quota payouts (which I know they have been working on).

Overall though: good managers!

204 Other Employee Reviews for Trulia (View Most Recent)

Down-to-earth leadership, accessible career growth, compassionate coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy over your own work, visibility and responsibility in front of senior leadership, clarity of what success means. Transparent leaders and increasing brand awareness for the company at large are confidence inspiring. I left a well-regarded, Mountain View-based blue-chip Internet 2.0 company and came to Trulia because the people here are warm in their interactions and competent in their output; those qualities were clear during my interview process and have solidified from opinion to fact since I became part of the Trulian family.

Cherry on top: It's a dog friendly office! There are literally two dogs at my feet as I type this.

Cons

We have too much fruit in the office? I hate that I have no excuse to not go to the gym now that my company is paying for it? I'm grabbing at straws here.

Realistically optimistic - Review after 6 months of employment

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

An extremely down to earth work environment. Most everyone is very laid back and outgoing. The training program is bar-none, one of the best from a grassroots approach. For the most part you're provided with the tools to succeed within your given position and continually encouraged to reach out for help when needed. A select group of Managers and Trainers their will be the ones to go to when you need them, find them.

Cons

Elitism - There are several different business lines within Trulia. If you're low on the totem pole, you're treated like as such. Lack of continuity - Too many mixed messages, your manager will deliver a different message to you than most of your training. Close minded - For the most part, if you're not "crushing quota" you're nothing more than expendable. The reality is, the ones "crushing quota" are numbered in the 5%-10% range. Trulia misses out on an immense amount of opportunities from those who are meeting quotas, but have industry experience and innovative ideas. Archaic - When it comes to technology from a customer interface, they are right there with anyone at the top however, there internal functions are almost negligently behind and in need of a severe overhaul.

Those who are top producers don't always make great managers just as much as managers aren't always top producers. Strongly suggesting a training program for your managers to become better at managing. The reality is you have such a strong group of dedicated individuals who have been their since day one and supported the company during it's infancy. They're not afforded the same dedication from you in their infancy of management which is less than desirable.

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia