Trulia

www.trulia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

Good info if thinking about working for Trulia

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people working there. Managers are very open and always available for questions/help. Generally had a 1on1 meeting w/ manager once a week to discuss numbers and your current quota, pacing, projecting, etc.. Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program. However, if you do not like to cold-call 75-100 real estate agents/per day...this job is not for you.

Cons

Too aggressive of quotas (sometimes). When I worked there- 2 parts to quota: 1. new subs (new subscribers) and 2. Rev (revenue). The quotas would change month-to-month (as most sales jobs) but would constantly change prices of products we offered and add or discontinue others. My advice- go in as an AR (account rep) vs. an AE (account exec). Yes base salary is a little lower but so is quota which will allow you to exceed your overall monthly quota to make more money vs being an AE and having trouble hitting numbers month in and month out.

Less meetings. Generally would have 10-15 meetings per week when most of the info could be sent through email. Be more realistic with quotas. HIGHER quota payouts (which I know they have been working on).

Overall though: good managers!

188 Other Employee Reviews for Trulia (View Most Recent)

Down-to-earth leadership, accessible career growth, compassionate coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Autonomy over your own work, visibility and responsibility in front of senior leadership, clarity of what success means. Transparent leaders and increasing brand awareness for the company at large are confidence inspiring. I left a well-regarded, Mountain View-based blue-chip Internet 2.0 company and came to Trulia because the people here are warm in their interactions and competent in their output; those qualities were clear during my interview process and have solidified from opinion to fact since I became part of the Trulian family.

Cherry on top: It's a dog friendly office! There are literally two dogs at my feet as I type this.

Cons

We have too much fruit in the office? I hate that I have no excuse to not go to the gym now that my company is paying for it? I'm grabbing at straws here.

good company good pay

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay, freedom of expression, flexible scheduling as it is pretty constant for a family man. Great benefits. Luxury of casual dress code and a .com startup atmospher.

Cons

constant change of sales goals, sales mentality constant moving of office desks, and computers, goals of company change more than the seasons. Company uses a rah rah type of mentality to encourage sales reps to reach their rediculous quotas, instead of using actual tools to help employees reach lofty goals. Senior Mangement is a joke and cant sell the product themselves in most cases. Company cares about the stock of the company more than the value of its employees.

Treat your emplyees better, stop treating your workforce like a revolving door. Stop hiring en masse. Help your employees succeed with coaching, call listening and tools, versus threats of termination or a rah rah speech. IT doesnt help and most of us hate it.

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia