Trulia

www.trulia.com
  www.trulia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trulia

Great benefits, casual work environment, bizarre hiring practices

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and above standard benefits were great qualities, as was being able to wear jeans to work. Free beverages, a ping pong table, and ergonomic desks that can be moved with the touch of a button were nice perks. Direct managers and supervisors were good bosses,

Cons

After finalizing the merger with Market Leader, a reduction in force eliminated me and 25% of the department I worked in. "Eliminating redundancy in positions..." was the HR line. Two weeks later, they were hiring for the same positions again.

183 Other Employee Reviews for Trulia (View Most Recent)

Trulia is not only Customer-obsessed...they are Employee Obsessed too!

Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Partnerships in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager, Strategic Partnerships in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My decision to continue to pour my talent, time and effort into Trulia continues to be re-affirmed by the many benefits they continue to provide employees. I spend a considerable time working- yet, I enjoy it because Trulia provides ways for me to be the best I can be. Gym memberships benefits, education benefits, events with co-workers that promote health and fitness...It isn't hard to see that Trulia values me personally and wants to ensure I am set up for success.

Cons

I work remote so I am not readily at all the company functions- so I do miss out on the camaraderie most of the time. However, when I am in town to collaborate with my colleagues- I feel appreciated and valued.

Keep communicating as you do- I love hearing about our team, our innovations and how we are delighting our customers.

Lousy company, lousy job

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at Trulia

Cons

Unrealistic quota and lousy pay with extreme micromanagement. All of the positive reviews are false. They are either written by management or human resources.
    Quotas keep on going up with payouts getting lower.
    During training the company will have someone from each "business line" talk to the trainees about what it's like to be a "Trulian". People will say things like "I'm the only one from Class 8 that's left and I'm in priority accounts and it's great." That's because nobody sticks with this garbage job with this garbage company that pays its people garbage. The base is below any other sales job's base and commission payouts are abismal.
    The lead source is an absolute joke. Agents don't want Trulia, don't need Trulia, and don't use Trulia.

There's no point in providing advice to management because they won't listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Trulia