Truliant Federal Credit Union

There are newer employer reviews for Truliant Federal Credit Union

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Truliant Federal Credit Union full-time (more than an year)

Pros

excellent benefits, great work environment, very positive company culture

Cons

none that I can think of

none

12 Other Employee Reviews for Truliant Federal Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Not recommended

Former Employee - Lending Representative in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Lending Representative in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Truliant Federal Credit Union

Pros

The benefits here are better than average, lots of PTO (if you can request off and get it approved), gym at headquarters for all employees to use.

Cons

Not rewarding, lack of opportunity, poor pay and seems to be a disconnect between employees and management. Good luck getting your concerns addressed,

Listen to the employees. Unhappy employees are less motivated and take less pride in their work. Present some career development opportunities, less politics.

What its like to work in the Contact Center for Truliant

Current Employee - Contact Center in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Contact Center in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Truliant Federal Credit Union

Pros

401K plan has 3% earnings matched at 100% and 50% and the next 3% earnings matched at 50%. Total of 6% contributions matched in some way is hard to find with many businesses these days. The gym has great workout equipment that has 24 hr access. Every employee is given 168 hours of PTO time each year (21 days) aside from holidays. Upper management actually care about you and want the best for you. There are monthy birthday parties, great incentives for job performance and sitting with co-workers in a team setting with no walls between you and your neighbors makes for a great environment to carry on conversations and enjoy each other's company.

Cons

In the Contact Center, there is low job satisfaction due to it not being a department that has many opportunities for advancement as well as dealing with the pressure of an angry mob of people calling and ranting every day (a person's money is a touchy subject). Usually, people leave to work in other departments or leave the credut union due to the high stress factor of the Contact Center or if one is seeking a higher paycheck. Contact Center management will become pushy and agitated when the call volumes spike. This adds to our stress, trying to do the job well but avoid the attention of a supervisor who may think you're not doing that job as fast as you can. During this time, you are expected to take calls, take notes on what follow-up work needs to be done for that call, and set that follow-up work aside to do later. This keeps call volume down but raises risk of not completing the follow-up work as it piles higher. Now that the economy has become weaker, we have become sales agents with more focus on placing products and services in addition to answering the reason for the inbound call. Job performance weights are heavier (these days) on cross-sales than job knowledge and accuracy.

I am sure the economy has caused the environment to become more sales driven than when I started working at Truliant, and I understand that. I have heard that enough of us have complained that cross-sales scoring is ridiculously higher than anything else and that the scoring is being recalculated at this time, which is great...I cannot wait to see the improvements! Aside from this, I must say that the Contact Center is a place where people want to get out of and do something that pays more and offers a less hostile environment. That is sad, since we take our job experience with us and others take months to be trained up to our level of expertise. It would be in the best interest of the company to find better ways to keep the Contact Center a calm and cool place to work. I personally don't have any idea how to achieve that, however.

There are newer employer reviews for Truliant Federal Credit Union