Corporate nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Truman Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health care benefits, especially if you don't mind seeing Truman doctors at Truman locations. Many of my co-workers really do care about helping people.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what's really going on. They are all about appearances and don't really care if the work is being done. Parking is terrible.

Advice to Management

Spend some time really getting to know what's happening on the "ground level".

Other Employee Reviews for Truman Medical Centers

Good to know you're doing something special when you go to work

Current Employee - Contact Center Patient Access Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Truman Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay for the customer service industry, great health benefits, dedicated to patient-care and doing what's right.

Cons

Favortism is somewhat of a problem now and then. While Truman is working to extend it's reach to all in the community, the majority of our patients are from low income situations. This translates to a variety of issues you might run into with each patient you assist.

Advice to Management

Look around you. Many of your employees are being under-utilized simply because their education or past employment history don't contain the "keywords" the HR job description requires. See the individuals you work with then you'll be able to understand their strengths and allow them to grow faster and better. Win-win!

Backstabbing, unqualified supervisory ppl will fabricate problems and probably violate Fed laws.

Former Employee - I T in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - I T in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Truman Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Previously had good medical insurance. If you are an insider, and preferably female, you can work few hours and be paid well. If you are a middle aged man, forget it.

Cons

The doctors do not work for the hospital, but rather another organization (it is a teaching hospital). Too many rogue & unqualified supervisory ppl. HR is a bad joke, and evals are inconsistent and unhelpful.

Advice to Management

Many areas need a thorough housecleaning, and I don't mean the floors.