There are newer employer reviews for Truman State University

It's pretty easy work.

I have been working at Truman State University

Pros

The job is very low maintenance and low stress. The types of problems you deal with are simple, and the management is lax.

Cons

They have a maximum number of hours you can work per week, and they are rather low. They also do not allow you to have multiple jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. As an employee, I enjoy working for you. I just wish I could work more often.

reviews filtered by
  1. A decent way to work through college

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant

I worked at Truman State University

Pros

The supervisors don't really care how much you work, as long as you get done the work they ask you to do

Cons

The pay is basically nothing, it's all minumum wage, work study pay that is just enough to get you to come in one more day

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You get cheap, almost free labor and run your school on the backs of your workers,

2. Great liberal arts education.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

I worked at Truman State University

Pros

The community of like-minded individuals made it really easy to feel comfortable and at home, even with your own uniqueness-es showing.

Cons

The flip side to every coin, my biggest complaint would be a distinct lack of cultural diversity among the students. It is an important aspect to the personal growth associated with the college experience and becoming responsible community members in life after.

Advice to Management

The career center did not prove very helpful to me if there wasn't an obvious career path associated with the major. The biggest problem was that it was difficult to talk to an actual staff member of the career center rather than just another student worker.

There are newer employer reviews for Truman State University