There are newer employer reviews for Trump International Hotel

Great Hotel with great people

Current Employee - Assistant Front Desk Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Assistant Front Desk Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Trump International Hotel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Senior Management really cares about you and let you know when your doing well. Really great career opportunities if you want also has other location that you could transfer to around the world unlike many hotels in Las Vegas. Great client base mostly business travelers and families.

Cons

A little under staffed at times but has gotten much better. Employee dinning room is average.

Keep up the good work. Reassurance of a job well done is power that goes a long way and is very appreciated.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Trump International Hotel (View Most Recent)

One of the worst work experiences of my life

Former Employee - Server  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Server in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Trump International Hotel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful location with ocean views

Cons

The Trump Hotel in Waikiki, Hawaii was a complete mess. Cons: 1 month training making minimum wage, instead of actual training they had us opening boxes and stocking kitchens, Arrogant belittling abusive management, unorganized, no clientele, not open to suggestions, uniforms were inappropriate for being so close to the beach ( stockings and polyester skirts? ), LIES about who really owned the property ( The TRUMP name had only been liscensed), constantly being told how lucky we were to work there then being treated like crap, no marketing plan, the list goes on and on...After not being properly trained to serve in the 5 star restaurant ie...never having used to computer system barely tasted the menu and had no bus boy, food runner or sommolier they had me serve the food critics from around town. It was humiliating. Just a total mess and these people are making 6 figures geez. ...umm no thank you but thank you.

Get over yourselves! Your pompous attitudes don't fly well in Hawaii. You need to treat people with respect to get respect.

This is my current job and I have never worked for, or have known any person who has worked for, a company this bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Trump International Hotel

Pros

The hourly wage. That's about it. Even though the hourly is pretty good compared to most of non union Las Vegas jobs, they do this snaky little trick of considering most employees as "on call" or "seasonal" so they don't have to pay you benefits. Even if you've been there for years and have averaged 40 plus hours a week they will not label you as full time.

Cons

This is in regards to the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. I'm not sure how the other properties are run but I cant see how it's any better. They are disorganized, unloyal and disrespectful to their staff, do not communicate with one another so you have 10 people telling you to do one thing 10 different ways, they do not train new employees and just make you figure out how to do your job on your own but are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you (none of those have happened to me, but has to undeserving coworkers) if you make a mistake and the list goes on and on.

Stop being so lazy and show a little respect for your employees. Also, is there really a need for 8 "Directors" for such a tiny property? There's a "Director" of Food and Beverage who has zero clue of what he's doing and walks around snobby with his nose in the air when the only things he oversees is a restuarant in the lobby that is a mess in everyway possible and then a tiny little basicly sandwich shop out at the pool. This guy is so pretentious over his title of "Director" if you met him you'd think he's the Director of F&B for the Bellagio. So for all you "Directors", get over yourself. You're not impressing anybody.

There are newer employer reviews for Trump International Hotel

Worked for Trump International Hotel? Contribute to the Community!