dedicated client first work going on at the skills training/consultant levels, loses momentum with upper management

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health

Pros

+ working with a population of youth and young adults to create positive change in their lives as well as their families
+ experience behavioral work in a variety of settings: school, home, & community
+ opportunity to internally move up rather quickly
+ creative and collaborative work environment
+ flexible hours

Cons

+ disconnection between upper management's motivation to create revenue and the skills trainers' and consultants' motivation to create the best possible services to enrich the lives of those they directly work with
+ overworked salaried consultants being assigned too many clients than they can handle, burnout
+ huge revenue and business growth, but no raises
+ multiple field offices with completely different structures, lack of a streamlined model
+ uniform hourly wages that do not correlate to the cost of living in the area

reevaluating your ability to be client first and profitable second would really increase the quality of care for all clients using TBH for services as well as the overall success of clients that would directly correlate to the increased positive image of TBH within the communities we work in and in turn lead to increased profitability in the end

Other Reviews for Trumpet Behavioral Health

The bottom line matters the most to senior management

I worked at Trumpet Behavioral Health

Pros

TBH has mostly built the company on word-of-mouth, and has been fairly successful in doing so. They are rapidly making a name for themselves among providers of services for children with autism.

Cons

The company has grown as a result of buying up smaller competitors. The owners are venture capitalists and are very focused on the bottom line. If you work for a division of the company that isn't as profitable, your job is in danger. As an employee, it's very hard to know if what you're being told about the future of the company is really true. Employees in my division were told (after the acquisition) that we would have more capital behind us and that everyone's jobs were safe. A few months later, layoffs began.

The culture in my division changed dramatically after we were acquired by TBH. I noticed that there were a lot more closed doors and secrecy. And there was a lot less freedom to telecommute-everyone was required to be at their desks for 40 hours.

A lot of times, the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. The corporate office in Pleasanton, CA was never good at communicating with other offices, which tended to cause problems with accounting and HR functions. Senior management had a general mistrust of employees, especially when it came to money.

TBH has a good mission, which is to improve the lives of children with autism. But it has a festering problem with the way it treats its own employees.

Senior management needs to be more approachable. Closed office doors for eight hours a day make you unapproachable. Before you continue to buy up other small companies, you need to fix your HR processes and work on creating a culture of trust. What you have right now is a culture of fear (everyone is worried about their job) and mistrust.

Great Company Living Out It's Mission

I have been working at Trumpet Behavioral Health full-time

Pros

I started with Trumpet over a year ago and it's been an amazing professional experience. The administrators of the organization communicate an "open door" culture and I continually receive positive, constructive feedback on the work I'm doing. Administrators and clinical leaders seem to be communicating all of the time to improve processes and establish new ways to make sure that all Team Members (that's what everyone is referred to; not employees) have access to professional development opportunities and resources. I've worked for several different healthcare organizations and I've yet to see a professional culture as supportive as this one. Trumpet's mission, "Maximizing the Potential of the Clients We Serve" seems apparent in all correspondence and Team Members always talk about putting clients first in all that they do. I really like Trumpet!

Cons

Trumpet's regions are spread out so there's often a feeling of disconnect between offices/regions. It seems like the administrators in the corporate office try to come up with ways to improve the feeling of connection but it's difficult with so much distance between offices. Compensation is not the best in the industry but it's fair for the workload and worth it to be earning a paycheck for doing the right thing for children who benefit greatly from the services provided.

Continue finding ways to connect regions and instill the mission-driven culture. Improve compensation to team members.

There are newer employer reviews for Trumpet Behavioral Health.

Worked for Trumpet Behavioral Health? Contribute to the Community!