TrustCo Bank Corp NY

www.trustcobank.com
  www.trustcobank.com
There are newer employer reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Opportunity for many different positions/responsibilities within the company but you will be underpaid.

I worked at TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Pros

Good entry level positions. They are willing give employees opportunities and they generally look fill positions from within.

Cons

Extremely underpaid compared to similar positions within the area/industry.
Best opportunity for promotion is in the branch but expectations/pressure by upper management is overwhelming. Once you move to an internal position the opportunity for salary increases becomes much more difficult.

20 Other Employee Reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY (View Most Recent)

good job if you have no education

Former Employee - Teller in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at TrustCo Bank Corp NY part-time (more than an year)

Pros

they hire anybody, high turn over rate

Cons

they hire anybody, very low pay!

upgrade!

Low pay, even lower appreciation.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at TrustCo Bank Corp NY full-time

Pros

The only pros I can come up with are the people I work with. Honestly, they are the reason I haven't gone out of my mind working for this company.

Cons

Ha! Well, let's begin. The pay is outrageously low, especially when newer hires are just starting who make more than the people who have been there for a time do. This has to be illegal somehow. There is something seriously wrong when someone who is just starting makes even a dollar more than someone who has more experience, how can they justify this logically!?. The "technology" consists of machines that haven't been used since the caveman era. I'm honestly shocked that people are still satisfied banking with this place, of course their main client base is made up of people who probably knew God personally so this is understandable because these people are so set in their ways they refuse to change anything. The hours are ridiculous, there is no need to stay open until 6 four nights out of five, maybe they could keep the hours on Friday but even that is a stretch, and opening the drivethru at 8 is completely unnecessary as my branch does not get any customers at the window until eithr 8:30 or even closer to 9. The entire operation is run very shoddily with little to no appreciation for the "lower end" employees, it's no wonder the place has so much turnover.

I seriously recomend that the higher ups listen to their lower level employees, although I doubt they ever will because they genuinely do not care about them, which they take every opportunity to prove with their laughable pay, ridiculous hours, and ways they love to waste money, ie- the use and maintenence of sharp machines which are outdated and in so much need of repair that they may as well just be given to the garbage dump.

There are newer employer reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY