There are newer employer reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Lacking in recognition of employees at branch level

I have been working at TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Pros

onw of the better reasons to work for trustco is that it is relativly an asy job as a teller. doing the same things day in and day out makes it easy to learn and knowwhat you are doing. also having interaction with some of the reat customers makes it worth it.

Cons

trustco tends to pay their employees less then other banks would for doing the same amount of work. the hours are poor, being that we are scheduled to be at he branch when there are NO customers. poor use of resorces

I think they should treat their employees better. whether it be higher salaries, bonuses more often then once a year, or just some basic recognition and appreciation for their employees other then managers.

19 Other Employee Reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY (View Most Recent)

Job offer not accepted

I worked at TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Pros

The interview process was good, a phone interview then face to face. I interviewed for a part time teller by phone and was then contacted to interview for a branch manager position.

Cons

After interviewing for two positions, I was offered a different position. The job offer for an assistant branch manager, which requires travel to different locations, paid $28,000 a year. Average salary for assistant branch manager in this area is $38,000 a year. They were unwilling to get closer to decent salary. Job offer was not accepted.

Find out what salary expectations in branch areas are so you can compensate your employees accordingly. No one wants to feel like they are underpaid.

DO NOT WORK HERE!

I worked at TrustCo Bank Corp NY

Pros

The people you work with are cool and the customers are great.

Cons

The pay that you receive and the horrible way that you are treated by upper level management makes this a truly terrible company to work for. They pretty much come right out and tell you how little they appreciate their employees and they back it up with horrendously low pay and bad treatment. It is almost like the employees should be grateful that they were even hired when it is the company who should be grateful that people would want to willingly waste their lives working for them. Do yourself a favor and wait for something better.

Waste of time giving them advice, they don't care what employees have to say and they only use it against you.

There are newer employer reviews for TrustCo Bank Corp NY