There are newer employer reviews for Trustmark Companies

I Highly Recommend This Company...to My Worst Enemy.

Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, IL
Former Employee - Analyst in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- On paper it looks good.
- You might get lucky and find the 1 or 2 good mangers they have.

Cons

My mentor at this company put it this way: every Company has those who will ascend the corporate ladder through standard back-stabbing but this place won't even do you that service, since they prefer letting you walk around with an ax in your forehead. It's a fairly crude work environment for those who have spent any length of time there.  The most unprofessional managers I've seen in any employer. It's like working in the show, The Office, but instead of working for incompetent managers who are lovable at heart, they actually will attempt to undermine you, set you up for failure, micromanage your work product, and use HR to bully you into submission.

The interesting thing is they actually have a decent organizational structure and some pretty good procedures in place to operate a business. It's as if someone set up a half-way decent Company years ago and then let it run on its own power. At this point whoever did is long gone and you get stuck with the whatever parasites have attached to the host body.

Unfortunately for me, it took years to figure this out. One colleague, who came and went within 6 months time, started looking for a job almost as soon as he arrived after he witnessed a few "team" meetings. I asked him why he was leaving and he looked at me like I was nuts for asking and said management was too dysfunctional for his taste. Fortunately for you, I learned this lesson so that you wouldn't have to but for those who would like to share this experience I'm sure they would love to have you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Decent Opportunity to get started in insurance wholesaling

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well established, financially secure company. Employees at HQ are friendly and very helpful. Decent effort is made to develop innovative products as a way to be competitive

Cons

Obscure to the general public, not many people know about Trustmark. Company too conservative with pricing and can quickly become uncompetitive in any given market.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reins a bit with product pricing

Consolidation after consolidation of business units.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Trustmark Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provided opportunity to work for national insurance company.

Cons

Lower management did not support upper management objectives, did not support insurance education of workers.

Advice to Management

Insist that middle and lower management get formal education in insurance business.