Not quite what I expected

Former Employee - Wildlife Biologist
Former Employee - Wildlife Biologist

I worked at Trutech

Pros

You get to catch wildlife, work outdoors, drive a company vehicle, travel, and meet some cool people along the way. Also, your boss isn't looking over your shoulder all the time. You really don't have to do anything you don't want to as long as you appear to be making money for the company, but that sometimes reflects on the company.

Cons

You often times have to pressure people in to signing contracts and buying your service. Also, this job will feel like it consumes your life, which is ok, unless you prefer to have a healthy balance between your work and personal life. You will be a slave to your phone and to your customers. The actual work itself is awsome....if you can overcome being a salesman. I personally have always disliked salesman, especially ones that solicite door to door. So if you can overcome that, then you will probably be successful at TruTech

I say you implement a flex work schedule or hire more technicians. As management, you rely on what the technicians are doing out in the field, so it's important that you keep them happy so that they can make you happy in return.

Other Reviews for Trutech

Great Company for hardworking people looking to grow with a company.

I have been working at Trutech

Pros

Trutech has been a great workplace for me over the past 2 years. I have enjoyed going to work each day since I started. If you do work for trutech you will have to work hard but its worth it. The pay is far better then I had hoped for after graduating college.

Great pay if you are willing to put in the time and work hard.
    Room to move up in the company
    New benefits program is very good and affordable
    Company issued phone and truck has saved me thousands of the course of a year
    Management really does want you to succeed

Cons

Some times the hours can be long, but you do set your own schedule so if you are working late you will be making more money.

Keep up the good work!

Great Oportunity

I have been working at Trutech

Pros

If you are self motivated to work hard you will do very well with this company. I was able to make far more money my first year out of school than I thought possible. The company is fast growing and offers great future oportunities for advancement.

Company cell phones are provided, 401K matches 50% of employee input, trucks and equipment provided which will save you thousands per year on personal gas expenses. Most of all it is a fun environment to work in. Everyday is a new day with new expierences. You meet new people, work with other employees and develope some great relationships. Not to mention you get to work with wildlife on a daily basis.

Cons

You need to be organized otherwise scheduling appointments can make you feel a bit overwhelmed when you get really busy. However, you then have the advantage of guys around you that can help take on some of your work load when you get overloaded with work.

Commission based pay seemed like a scary thought at first, but after working on commission I wouldn't really want anything else. There are busy times, but when you are busy you are making a lot of money, and because of that...some long hours occassionally don't seem too bad.

Trutech provides a great opportunity for a lot of young people straight out of school or early on in their working career to join a fast growing company, get a good start in life, and build a great career.

There are newer employer reviews for Trutech.

Worked for Trutech? Contribute to the Community!