Not quite what I expected

Former Employee - Wildlife Biologist
Former Employee - Wildlife Biologist

I worked at Trutech

Pros

You get to catch wildlife, work outdoors, drive a company vehicle, travel, and meet some cool people along the way. Also, your boss isn't looking over your shoulder all the time. You really don't have to do anything you don't want to as long as you appear to be making money for the company, but that sometimes reflects on the company.

Cons

You often times have to pressure people in to signing contracts and buying your service. Also, this job will feel like it consumes your life, which is ok, unless you prefer to have a healthy balance between your work and personal life. You will be a slave to your phone and to your customers. The actual work itself is awsome....if you can overcome being a salesman. I personally have always disliked salesman, especially ones that solicite door to door. So if you can overcome that, then you will probably be successful at TruTech

Advice to Management

I say you implement a flex work schedule or hire more technicians. As management, you rely on what the technicians are doing out in the field, so it's important that you keep them happy so that they can make you happy in return.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Trutech is a great place to grow your career

I have been working at Trutech

Pros

Entreprenuerial spirit. Set your own hours, make your own money. Initial investment is minimal for what is more or less starting your own business. Hiring processes are thorough, leading to quality coworkers. Since becoming a part of Rollins the benefits are great, company match on the 401(k)... (401(k) has always existed, so whoever wrote that it didn't exist previously probably never actually worked for the company), company sponsored health insurance, company provided cell phone, every insurance benefit you can think of is available, plus various discount plans through Rollins.
    I have had some well paying jobs in the past and still make more money at Trutech than I did at any of those.

Cons

This is hard work at times, it takes a very specific individual to enjoy some of the tasks required in this industry. It is also long hours at times if you are a top producer and/or do not organize your time properly to finish your day at a reasonable time. This is probably the number 1 reason for turnover, however if you are an organized person and are willing to seek help from those around you the time can become managable. The work will always be hard, if you are not truly a hard worker and motivated by money and helping people then do not apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to grow and provide more opportunities for more people. Thank you for the opportunity you have given me to provide for my family.

2. An Outdoor Person's Dream Job!

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Trutech

Pros

Work with wildlife on a daily basis
    Outdoors 80% of time
    Meeting new people
    Great team and competitive environment
    Earning potential is equivilent to state employees who have 6yrs+ experience
    Make your own schedule
    Management doesn't breath down your neck if you are a hard worker
    Educated co-workers
    Never had a day that I didn't want to go to work
    Responsible people are rewarded
    Meet friends for life
    Money Money Money

Cons

Need to be orginized
    Driving times
    Must be energetic
    Must invest in some basic tools to complete jobs

Advice to Management

Westward Expansion here we come!!!!