There are newer employer reviews for Tucson Medical Center

My experience has been great at TMC.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Tucson Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working here mainly because of my co-workers. They are very compassionate and are always there to help when in need.

Cons

The challenge is mainly the staff to patient ratio. This makes it difficult because we are short staffed many times and it makes it difficult to give safe patient care at times.

I think that focusing more on the work-life balance for employees will help retain employees and it shows that you are dedicated to the employees.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Tucson Medical Center (View Most Recent)

A heavy blame environment and a lot of CYA.

I worked at Tucson Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are good people, and the medical staff seems to care a lot about the patients and folks getitng well.

Cons

The other staff has a lot of CYA and blame game, rather than solution focused.

Spend less time looking for fault, and more on finding solutions and resolving the real issues. Spend a little less time focused on just how long someone has been there.

Wonderful coworkers, wicked senior management

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Tucson Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

TMC has some amazing staff. The nurses I worked with were competent, helpful, and kind. The benefits were okay though adding a spouse quickly became a nightmare. Unit level management was aloof but not unkind

Cons

Senior management has created a hostile working environment. Patient assignments were frequently unsafe and units were staffed too lean to assist patients. Compensation is fair to poor.

Judy, please sell the red Mercedes and buy a reasonable car for the CEO of a non-profit. Seeing our fellow staff members suffer while you tool around in a brand new car is ridiculus. Please start caring about the caregivers.

There are newer employer reviews for Tucson Medical Center