Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from any employee. I've never worked at a firm that was so focused on making employees enjoy their work environment. TPH is the only place I have worked that truly lives it's mission statement and culture statement. There is truly a team atmosphere and attitude throughout the entire firm. Best place I have ever worked!

Cons

The generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as opposed to an opinion on my part! TPH is so much more generous than other securities firms, with what it provides employees, i feel some might get a skewed idea of what "the real wold" is like! Again, not sure that should be considered a con!

Don't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm grows.

Other Reviews for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

Great company, no corporate structure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time

Pros

Bobby Tudor and Dan Pickering are great men who have, and continue to, create an incredible company with great potential. Except for the lower level staff everyone is hard working, proud of the company, proud of the culture and glad to be there.

Cons

There is no HR, even though they allegedly have an HR person, the CFO tries to be the head honcho HR person and then her assistant tries to run the day to day activity. Consequently employees do whatever they want to do, or better yet don't do what they don't want to do, with no repercussion. It is a sorry state of affairs and their major fault. The lower level support staff are the most unguided, unproductive group I have ever worked with and no one seems to care. Makes doing your job very difficult.

The cliques are unrelenting, overbearing, and ridiculous for a company that holds itself in such high regard.

Annual reviews are conducted by peers and it becomes a time to stab others in the back. It is the worst, most unproductive system I have ever seen. Supposed to be confidential too, right!

Get your act together. Structure the company. Stop trying to be everyone's friend. Get rid of the upper management cliques. You all are adults.

Golden Handcuffs yet underpaid

Current Employee - Middle Office  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Middle Office in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

Pros

great culture, everyone very talented and hardworking

Cons

low salary, wait all year for payout

There are newer employer reviews for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Worked for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.? Contribute to the Community!