Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
www.tudorpickering.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Extremely high-quality experience contributing to this quickly growing energy focused financial services firm

Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsJunior employees are afforded a meaningful amount of responsibility on their assignments and will consistently work on high-quality projects. Senior team members focus on the development of the junior employees and go out of their way to see that they are getting a breadth of project experience and client exposure. Third-year banking analysts are afforded opportunities to rotate through TPH Partners (private equity group) or through other TPH office locations (New York, Denver, London). The TPH Partners rotation is a unique benefit to analysts who are weighing their interest in the buy-side.

Most central to the quality of the experience at TPH are the people and the culture. Bobby Tudor, involved with every hiring decision down through the interns (at least on the banking side), attracts intelligent, humble, congenial professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. The group believes in collaboration and team orientation, which manifests itself in a unique amount of senior team accessibility - doors to offices are rarely closed. The environment is extremely collegial; the team gets along well with each other and regularly spends time together outside of the office. The culture is supported by a common focus on building the firm; it ties everyone together and makes TPH a fun, exciting place to work.

Finally, TPH has a history of compensating its employees, particularly top performers, well above market. On top of the work experience and culture, this is a nice perk.

ConsTPH is a niche firm – within the energy space, it’s highly competitive, but, outside of the industry, it doesn’t have as much brand recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on engaging and developing the junior team members. The team’s investment in me provided me with a foundation that will help me be successful for the rest of my career.

Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms.

Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from… Cons: The generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as… Advice to Senior Management: Don't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, no corporate structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time

Pros: Bobby Tudor and Dan Pickering are great men who have, and continue to, create an incredible company with great potential. Except… Cons: There is no HR, even though they allegedly have an HR person, the CFO tries to be the head honcho HR person and then her… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. Structure the company. Stop trying to be everyone's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co..

Worked for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. CEO Bobby Tudor. All reviews posted anonymously by Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. employees.