Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

www.tudorpickering.com
  www.tudorpickering.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

Extremely high-quality experience contributing to this quickly growing energy focused financial services firm

Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Investment Banking Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Junior employees are afforded a meaningful amount of responsibility on their assignments and will consistently work on high-quality projects. Senior team members focus on the development of the junior employees and go out of their way to see that they are getting a breadth of project experience and client exposure. Third-year banking analysts are afforded opportunities to rotate through TPH Partners (private equity group) or through other TPH office locations (New York, Denver, London). The TPH Partners rotation is a unique benefit to analysts who are weighing their interest in the buy-side.

Most central to the quality of the experience at TPH are the people and the culture. Bobby Tudor, involved with every hiring decision down through the interns (at least on the banking side), attracts intelligent, humble, congenial professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. The group believes in collaboration and team orientation, which manifests itself in a unique amount of senior team accessibility - doors to offices are rarely closed. The environment is extremely collegial; the team gets along well with each other and regularly spends time together outside of the office. The culture is supported by a common focus on building the firm; it ties everyone together and makes TPH a fun, exciting place to work.

Finally, TPH has a history of compensating its employees, particularly top performers, well above market. On top of the work experience and culture, this is a nice perk.

Cons

TPH is a niche firm – within the energy space, it’s highly competitive, but, outside of the industry, it doesn’t have as much brand recognition.

Continue to focus on engaging and developing the junior team members. The team’s investment in me provided me with a foundation that will help me be successful for the rest of my career.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. (View Most Recent)

Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from any employee. I've never worked at a firm that was so focused on making employees enjoy their work environment. TPH is the only place I have worked that truly lives it's mission statement and culture statement. There is truly a team atmosphere and attitude throughout the entire firm. Best place I have ever worked!

Cons

The generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as opposed to an opinion on my part! TPH is so much more generous than other securities firms, with what it provides employees, i feel some might get a skewed idea of what "the real wold" is like! Again, not sure that should be considered a con!

Don't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm grows.

Great company, no corporate structure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. full-time

Pros

Bobby Tudor and Dan Pickering are great men who have, and continue to, create an incredible company with great potential. Except for the lower level staff everyone is hard working, proud of the company, proud of the culture and glad to be there.

Cons

There is no HR, even though they allegedly have an HR person, the CFO tries to be the head honcho HR person and then her assistant tries to run the day to day activity. Consequently employees do whatever they want to do, or better yet don't do what they don't want to do, with no repercussion. It is a sorry state of affairs and their major fault. The lower level support staff are the most unguided, unproductive group I have ever worked with and no one seems to care. Makes doing your job very difficult.

The cliques are unrelenting, overbearing, and ridiculous for a company that holds itself in such high regard.

Annual reviews are conducted by peers and it becomes a time to stab others in the back. It is the worst, most unproductive system I have ever seen. Supposed to be confidential too, right!

Get your act together. Structure the company. Stop trying to be everyone's friend. Get rid of the upper management cliques. You all are adults.

There are newer employer reviews for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.