There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning

ok place to work if you have a good boss

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (more than an year)

Pros

lots of variety
decent schedule for retail

Cons

lots of heavy lifting of product

pay better

180 Other Employee Reviews for Tuesday Morning (View Most Recent)

Limited hours, no benefits, micromanaged from corporate, generally inefficient

I worked at Tuesday Morning

Pros

The local management team (which I quickly joined) was competent, professional and friendly.
    Very flexible scheduling plus you don't have to go in extremely early or stay extremely late.

Cons

Corporate management is almost totally disconnected from the individual stores.
    All aspects of business micromanaged from corporate office.
    Lack of communication between corporate and stores leads to inefficiency at all levels.
    Provides full-time hours and (expensive to employee) benefits only to store manager and higher.
    Stingy with pay raises for all employees.
    Did not advertise for our store - at all - then shut us down due to lack of business.

Try actually listening to input from store managers at annual training sessions.
    Solicit input from employees at all levels.
    Hire an efficiency expert to correct endemic flaws in corporate management and traffic.
    Give your good people enough pay and benefits to keep them around.
    Advertise your business in all markets. If the store is worth opening, it's worth keeping open.

Just a job; this company doesn't care about you.

Current Employee - Senior Store Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Store Associate

I have been working at Tuesday Morning

Pros

-Scheduling; if you need time to complete a college degree this is the place to work. You will struggle to get 20 hours in most stores but at least that gives you time to pursue other goals if you just need a little money.

Cons

-Computer System; our computers are archaic and constantly breaking down. Store music will stop due to networking issues that will not be resolved for hours. The company is also apparently bringing in contractors to work in their corporate IT department which is typical of Tuesday Morning. They would much rather hire for a day or two than commit to keeping quality employees.

-Corporate; From what little I have seen of corporate at Tuesday Morning it is a culture of nepotism and inefficiency. Directives are often useless in terms of benefit to sales or the bottom line while increasing the workload for the already overburdened staff. My experience with them has shown them to be largely classless as well. During corporate visits there have been comments made in our store such as 'Well at least it doesn't look like sh-- this time' and 'It isn't hard to make goal when you're up against nothing.' The last comment is also patently untrue as corporate sets a goal (largely unrealistic) for every day the store is open. Having to call corporate for anything is a lesson in incompetence and negligence. People you talk to generally are unhelpful and will shuffle you off to another department with any excuse whatsoever.

-Staffing; You will almost always have only two employees in the store at any given time with multiple projects, customers to help, things to be cleaned and straightened, etc. Corporate will pinch a penny until a nickel pops out so don't expect your store to ever look decent. When they show up they will seem genuinely shocked and appalled by the state of things despite being well aware that every store is understaffed.

-Promotions; Aside from moving from a cashier to a key-holder these seem to be nonexistent. Having applied myself for several positions that would take me out of the store level I have received no response whatsoever. Most companies will pretend to at least have looked at your resume by sending you a form letter after submitting. Tuesday Morning will not. They are uninterested in keeping employees and having spent years with the company is no guarantee that you have a better shot at any given job.

-Cut the dead weight in your corporate office. When we're getting multiple page emails that direct us on 'color stories' all of us at the store level are wondering just what you guys are doing up there. Also, getting rid of some of those fat salaries at the top will let you put employees where they do the most good; on the floor, maintaining stores and keeping customers happy.

-Advertise; Nobody knows we're around if you don't spend some dough on advertising.

-Be accountable; the constant pointing of fingers at your associates in the stores doesn't change the fact that to us it seems like you're running this company like a hobby rather than seriously trying to improve the brand. You look like fools and we're all increasingly fed up with trying to make the bottom line with no inventory control, no man hours, and no idea what the hell is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning