There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning

I look forward to each day, it is ALWAYS interesting.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Redding, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redding, CA

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, customers and manager. Flexible schedule, my boss is very accommodating.

Cons

Wish there were more hours available , but part time is fine for me.

Our customers would like to see higher quality things arriving.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Tuesday Morning (View Most Recent)

I tried to give it half a star.....but at least they pay you

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

20% off discount and the product the store carries is fairly decent. This is a good job for someone who's knew to retail management who needs the experience, because that you will get it. It's also good for someone who's single and has no children.

Cons

This isn't at all a good place to work at all, unless you badly need a job and can't get employment anywhere else. There really isn't a work/life balance, especially if you're salaried. The 45 hour a week schedule your promised at hiring is a myth. Realistically...and if you're luck it's more like 50-80 hours per week, with no overtime. The workload is sometimes unbearable, because you will have customers who come in a tear your store up, because they think it's a junk store or a rummage sale. And, you're expected to clean it up almost immediately even though most stores (and, from what I understand even the high volume ones) are working on two person coverage. So, you have to help the customers (unless you go by TM standards which is no customer service whatsoever), process your shipment trucks, handle what seems like endless promotional sales, their new idea...sidewalk sales, catch shoplifters, do all of your paperwork, keep up with your markdowns, and keep the store clean...all on just 2 people a day. Some of the deadlines are unbelievably harsh...You may have 2 hours to reset the front of your store for a sale you just found out about that begins the next day. And 24 hour freight to floor (or more like 9 hours) isn't a reality either.

Now they have the great idea to send every store employee to 2 other stores each time they have to do inventory, so not only do you have to do your inventory...you have to do 2 other store's inventory as well. And, all without letting your employees go over 28 hours a week. They promise money to commute to other stores....you never get it, no matter how fast you get the paperwork in. And, what is probably the best of them all...they expect their hourly employees to be able to work 24/7, but don't guarantee them hours, so one week they might have to work 28 hours and the next they might get 4. They are also expected to be able to switch or change their schedule with little or sometimes no notice. For example, can you unload a truck at 6 a.m., but it's 9 o'clock the night before.

The computer systems are terrible. Promotional deals rarely ring up correctly. There have been times when I had to void out every promotional savings and do the entire thing manually because the computer couldn't do it. The receipts are terrible and just confuse the customers. So, you end up having to take out the calculators and add it manually so they know they aren't being cheated. Tech support is useless as are most of the staff at corporate office. You'll get a fax that says you have 3 days to fax back a form only to find out that the fax number doesn't accept faxes (and yes, I verified it was the correct number). Simply unbelievable, but unfortunately all this has been written from stuff that actually happens on a regular basis and according to the store's customers I ran the most organized and best staffed store in the area.

Offer your loyal employees the chance to work a 40 hour work week. Yes...you may have to pay them benefits, but it would solve quite a few issues. Realize that your employees are humans...not robots. Please if you want robots, go find them instead. Offer the store managers a reason to stay with the company other than you pay them....maybe a regular pay raise system (even once a year), some sort of bonus for regularly exceeding your sales goals. And, give them the right to have days off...yes, days off.

Also, I do want to point out that every other store in creation does recovery before and after store hours. Not while trying to dodge customers in the aisles. I believe once up on a time TM did that too...why the bad changes???

Chaos

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Marrero, LA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Marrero, LA

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount was about 20%, so that was one of the best things about working at Tuesday Morning. And sometimes it would be 40% for employees around the holiday time.

Cons

Some cons would be the limited amount of staff, and the disorganization of the store. I understand that the store obtains merchandise from all types of companies, but it can seem like just a store full of junk. Sometimes i felt as if i worked at a thrift store.

There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning

Worked for Tuesday Morning? Contribute to the Community!