Tuesday Morning

There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning

Right Place at the Right Time

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tuesday Morning has always been a great place to get brand names for less. New executive management is making that experience even better by improving the POS systems at stores, updating the merchandise presentation in stores & improving product flow. They have put sound business plans in place and continually provide employees with support and encouragement. The corporate team is encouraged to work closely with the field to get feedback in order to improve the customer's shopping experience. No more days of the corporate staff being in an "ivory tower", instead, it is team focused.

I've worked retail for over 25 years. Tuesday Morning is definitely the most exciting place I've ever worked. The team at the store support center has welcomed me with open arms. People randomly stop in my office and offer to help. I am accustomed to working with Type A personalities who are all overly competitive. Not here, people are like family.

The share holder calls with Jeff Boyer, CFO, and Michael Rouleau, CEO are enough to get anyone thrilled about working for Tuesday Morning. Street has responded to the changes TM has been making over the last year very favorably. The vendor community, employees and customers are all noticing the difference. I am proud to say that I work for Tuesday Morning. I'm definitely in the right place at the right time; we're moving on up.

Cons

Retail is not for everyone. Expect a challenge and plenty of hard work. Some see that as a con, I see it as fun.

Keep up the good work. Phase 1 was a success. I am looking forward to implementing new changes and seeing the positive impact.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Tuesday Morning (View Most Recent)

Amazing client base, demanding upper management

I worked at Tuesday Morning

Pros

The clientele make working with this company worthwhile. The loyal customer base quickly become family. Employee discount was good at 20% with yearly weekends for 40%.

Cons

The staff size is very limited with often, only 2 employees running all aspects of the store during an average day. This makes putting out large trucks or setting large sales difficult as they are expected to be done in a 1 shift time frame. Employees are left disenchanted as their pay is rarely above minimum wage and the average hours per week are less than 20. This makes a poor work environment for management as the rotation is very large. Upper management expect managers to devote their lives to job, answering phone calls after hours, creating presentations for upper management outside of work hours, and paying for store services such as window cleaning out of their own pocket.

Allow managers to have more staff work full time, including assistant manager.

Management sucks!

Current Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Laid back environment.
    2. I am a college student, I was getting paid $8.75 hr in the state of Florida. That was good for a college student like me; however, I was only getting like 7 hrs a week!!!!!!! That's $61.25 before taxes, who can survive off of that?

Cons

This job sucked! That's why I was only there for a short amount of time. Aside from the laid back environment that I experienced, everything else about this company and their policies, was terrible! The manager played favoritism, she only gave you hours if you were a single mother, or if you were a guy, because she used to be a single mother in her earlier career, and she felt men were stronger. Ironically, the whole team consisted of single mother's, an ex "NFL player", a few unemployed Indians, several other men she found on the street, and her stepson! Where did that leave me? The college girl, who didn't receive hours because she didn't have a kid, or didn't meet the other criteria! She specifically told me that associates were only part time, and didn't receive more than 10 hrs a week, if that. I remember a teenage mom dropout, who went to high school with me, was offered a job; she was racking in 30+ a week. Worst experience of my life!

I actually would like to escalate this issue to HR. I think it would be in their best interest to keep a close eye on what is going on in the store, as far as treatment of employees, loss prevention, and what is going on under the table.

There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning