There are newer employer reviews for Tuesday Morning

Like most jobs, it's who you work for that matters more than the company

Current Employee - Corporate
Current Employee - Corporate

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team I worked with was great

Cons

Some inexperienced managers hold the company back

Advice to Management

reward successful managers with good productivity and low turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Tuesday Morning

Right Place at the Right Time

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tuesday Morning has always been a great place to get brand names for less. New executive management is making that experience even better by improving the POS systems at stores, updating the merchandise presentation in stores & improving product flow. They have put sound business plans in place and continually provide employees with support and encouragement. The corporate team is encouraged to work closely with the field to get feedback in order to improve the customer's shopping experience. No more days of the corporate staff being in an "ivory tower", instead, it is team focused. I've worked retail for over 25 years. Tuesday Morning is definitely the most exciting place I've ever worked. The team at the store support center has welcomed me with open arms. People randomly stop in my office and offer to help. I am accustomed to working with Type A personalities who are all overly competitive. Not here, people are like family. The share holder calls with Jeff Boyer, CFO, and Michael Rouleau, CEO are enough to get anyone thrilled about working for Tuesday Morning. Street has responded to the changes TM has been making over the last year very favorably. The vendor community, employees and customers are all noticing the difference. I am proud to say that I work for Tuesday Morning. I'm definitely in the right place at the right time; we're moving on up.

Cons

Retail is not for everyone. Expect a challenge and plenty of hard work. Some see that as a con, I see it as fun.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Phase 1 was a success. I am looking forward to implementing new changes and seeing the positive impact.

Management sucks!

Current Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Laid back environment. 2. I am a college student, I was getting paid $8.75 hr in the state of Florida. That was good for a college student like me; however, I was only getting like 7 hrs a week!!!!!!! That's $61.25 before taxes, who can survive off of that?

Cons

This job sucked! That's why I was only there for a short amount of time. Aside from the laid back environment that I experienced, everything else about this company and their policies, was terrible! The manager played favoritism, she only gave you hours if you were a single mother, or if you were a guy, because she used to be a single mother in her earlier career, and she felt men were stronger. Ironically, the whole team consisted of single mother's, an ex "NFL player", a few unemployed Indians, several other men she found on the street, and her stepson! Where did that leave me? The college girl, who didn't receive hours because she didn't have a kid, or didn't meet the other criteria! She specifically told me that associates were only part time, and didn't receive more than 10 hrs a week, if that. I remember a teenage mom dropout, who went to high school with me, was offered a job; she was racking in 30+ a week. Worst experience of my life!

Advice to Management

I actually would like to escalate this issue to HR. I think it would be in their best interest to keep a close eye on what is going on in the store, as far as treatment of employees, loss prevention, and what is going on under the table.