Full time Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oxford, MS
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oxford, MS

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great operating hours, great discount, friendly coworkers, flexible schedule, great products

Cons

Payroll hours and managers have to do everything from a maintenance perspective

Advice to Management

You sometimes feel like an associate with keys the way you are doing so many projects instead of being able to delegate because all employees are part time and you have to run on minimum payroll hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Decent place to work, steady hours.

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time

Pros

The customers are great, and this job made me better at communicating with people and solving problems.

Cons

The pay isn't so great and there's a lot of physical work. There's also quite a bit of red tape and bureaucracy from corporate. This can make it difficult for the store manager and employees to complete tasks that need to be done.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between the store personal and corporate. The district and regional managers have too much to do. The store managers do the best they can, but there needs to be given the resources and training to train store associates properly. It's no mystery that this company has a high turnover rate for store managers.

My experience, after being employed for a few years.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really any pros.

Cons

This company pays pennies, they are cheap, cut corners, and overall does not care about their employees. The stores outside of dallas are dirty, old school and it appears their business practices have not caught up with 2014.

Advice to Management

I was inclined to reach out and write a review after seeing first hand how this company has treated multiple employees with disrespect. I worked part-time for a few years, have moved on to greater pastures and would really never consider going back to this place. However, I know a girl who I am very close with who has worked at this place for well over 10 years. She was robbed at gun point on the side of the building while on her way to her car. She was on her way to do her drop which was dropping checks and cash in a bag off at the bank. They took the bag, as well as her $500 blackberry cell phone. I was appalled that Tuesday Morning was to cheap to replace her personal item. They claimed: 1) she should not have had her purse or personal items in the store. In turn they should not have been with her when she was robbed. 2) They were not responsible for her phone because they did not believe an employee should have a phone on them while doing a drop. My personal opinion is, they were cheap, and knew they could take advantage of the situation knowing she would not put up a fight to have this phone replaced. I believe if an employee has to use their personal property for protection or to stay safe while doing a company task outside of the store, the company should be responsible, or just pony up and provide a method to keep their employee safe.

I am not a disgruntled employee, as this is in my past and I am doing just fine elsewhere. I just thought this story should be heard as I really couldn't believe how they handled this situation.