Hidden Gem if managed right

Former Employee - Middle Manager  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Middle Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Tufts Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, great location, awesome patients. You will never work with a more dedicated group of front line staff.. Everyone cares about patients from the house keepers to the nurses to the MDs but with poor technology and environmental resources, workers are exhausted..

Cons

Senior management is so out of touch! They care about appearances and not true safety or employee satisfaction. Early this year before I left they did an employeee survey. Poor marks compared to other academic medical centers in engagement and safety culture and the response from admin? "we're surprised, everyone seems so happy" the new CEO is nice but has no charisma like "Aunty ellen" did

Make patient safety and staff satisfaction your true priority. stop admins from fighting with the nursing union. it made the rest of us miserable. Take southwest airlines as your example for getting along with the union. Listen to all your front line staff and patients...not just a handpicked group of yes men
When patients make positive comments, realize your frontline staff had to work much harder than staff at other boston hospitals to make them happy because of limited resources. Make this a boutique hospital that cares for families from cradle to grave. Make it more family centered.

Other Reviews for Tufts Medical Center

Postdoc

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Boston, MA

I have been working at Tufts Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, close to Chinatown.

Cons

Payment is not high. Long time communte

My Experience at Tufts

Current Employee - Practice Coordinator  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Practice Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Tufts Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have a great relationship with employees that are on my "level".

Cons

There are way too many computer programs to run at once. When I get to my computer in the morning, I have to open 7-9 windows. Rather than invest in one program that does it all, they keep adding more programs that each have their own function. Billing, scheduling, clinic notes, operative notes, insurance checking software--they all have their own program. Some of the programs work together, but not in an efficient way.

There are newer employer reviews for Tufts Medical Center.

Worked for Tufts Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!