Tufts University
www.tufts.edu Medford, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Eight years at Tufts in a managerial role

Medford, MA

I have been working at Tufts University full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSmall enough to have a community feel; beautiful slightly suburban campus; good benefits; great students

ConsSmall size means limited opportunities for advancement in specific roles (it is the nature of higher ed that people stay in management roles for a long time) so with a smaller school, it is natural that there would be fewer openings. It is not Tufts' fault, it is just the nature of the beast. Good people have left, not because they didn't like Tufts, but pursued more senior roles at larger universities in the area.

Review for Department of Physics and Astronomy

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Medford, MA

I have been working at Tufts University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Grants: Graduate students becoming research assistant usually after first year. (Depends on the field, experimental areas in good shape) If you need to travel due to… Cons: Small Department Not much different research options, it is good only if you are interested in a specific area Offered courses are… Advice to Senior Management: Management is good. They will be perfect if they could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just started

I have been working at Tufts University

Pros: Great benefits: Good medical, Cheap dental, 4 weeks of vacation,… Cons: 401K vested only after 3 years of employment More

There are newer reviews on Tufts University.

Worked for Tufts University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tufts University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tufts University CEO Anthony P. Monaco. All reviews posted anonymously by Tufts University employees.