Tufts University

There are newer employer reviews for Tufts University

Great work environment

Former Employee - Library Worker in Medford, MA
Former Employee - Library Worker in Medford, MA

I worked at Tufts University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent workplace for work-study students. There are boundless opportunities in academic departments, cafes, libraries, and various buildings for students to have a great job to earn some extra money, while still making sure that studies are the most important part of their day.

Cons

Not surprisingly, pay isn't fantastic, but who would expect it to be? Started off at minimum wage ($8/hr) and after 4 years working, only finished at $8.8/hr. But, again, I didn't work to make a living, just to have some extra cash.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Tufts University (View Most Recent)

Great place

Current Employee - Licensing Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Licensing Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Tufts University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Even though big University, gave a "family" feeling

Cons

Was not there long enough to really see cons

Great place to learn many aspects of life

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in Medford, MA

I worked at Tufts University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning and doing research here was truly helpful and a great preparation for subsequent jobs. Though there might not have been an abundance of money as compared to other big universities in the area, I feel the experience was in that sense closer to real life challenges. Comparing the work ethic of students at different universities I can honestly say that the average Tufts student has an above average drive to do the job right. Most importantly I believe Tufts instills a very pleasant work environment.

Cons

Unfortunately the infrastructure varied greatly between departments. In some places facilities were leaking and falling apart and other places the buildings were brand new and state of the art. The Medford campus is a little bit removed from the hotspots in Boston.

There are newer employer reviews for Tufts University